This hairstyle is extravagant, so many people do not dare to do it. In fact, African braids are suitable for almost any way of life, with the exception of professions in which you need to contact people most of the time (especially if there are many older people among the opponents).
So, for example, not the best solution would be Afro-braids for banking workers: people may perceive this image as frivolous. It is not recommended to braid such pigtails for people who are forced to abide by a strict dress code.
In other cases, this hairstyle will be a great addition to any image, given that it fits any style of clothing: from glamor to rocker. Due to various interpretations of execution, braids fit any face shape.
For example, people who have a high forehead, can leave a natural bang, which will cover it. However, this hairstyle is not suitable for people with oily hair: with frequent washing of the head, afro-braces will be constantly unraveled, which is why the look becomes untidy.
Choosing as a hairstyle afrokrosichki, should be considered and age, since most of all, this hairstyle is suitable for people under 35 years.
How long can weave
African braids (how to braid them can be seen below) can be completely different lengths. There are two types of afrokos: "safe" and natural. The latter are braids that are woven directly from the hair on the head.
When weaving this type of braids, the hair will look shorter by 3-5 cm, and in cases where the strands are naturally not very thick, the braids will be rare. In this case, the necessary length of hair depends on how long the pigtails should be.
"Safe" braids are woven with the use of artificial materials, for example, Kanekalon. Due to this material, braids can not only be made longer than real hair, but also thicker, more voluminous. The minimum length of hair that the “safe” braids are braided for must be at least 3 cm, otherwise the artificial material will simply not hold.
Advantages and disadvantages
African braids have both positive and negative characteristics.
Among the advantages of this hairstyle are:
- Convenience: people with afrokosy do not need to worry about the damage to their hair in periods of strong wind or rain, the hair does not electrify, do not climb into the face.
- Save time: owners of this hairstyle do not need to spend much time in the morning in front of the mirror to create a beautiful hairstyle. African braids, even simply gathered in a tail, are able to create a neat, complete image. In addition, this hairstyle does not require frequent shampooing: once a week is more than enough.
- Saving money: for a long time you will not have to spend money on various masks and balms for hair care, on fixing agents, etc. Besides, the minimum amount of shampoo is also spent.
- Accelerated hair growth: due to the tightened state of the roots of the hair and scalp, blood will better flow to the hair follicles, bringing in more nutrients.
Among the shortcomings are the following:
- Headache and itchy scalp. This is due to the constant tightening of the scalp. However, the discomfort disappears after 1-2 weeks.
- Dryness and cross-section of the hair ends after unraveling African braids. Since afrokosichki not comb, then the tips do not get the required amount of sebum, which protects them from excessive dryness and thinning.
- Afrokos dry for a very long time. Unlike ordinary hair, afro-braids cannot be quickly dried after washing with a hairdryer and go about business: because of the tight binding of the hairs between each other, the air cannot penetrate to each of them and dry. However, this problem is easy to solve if you wash your hair in the evening.
African braids (how to braid them, can be seen below) according to the classical scheme are standard braids: hair is divided into 3 strands, which alternately interbreed with each other. However, for their weaving, the total weight of the hair must be divided into very small strands and from each braid on a tight pigtail.
In general, their number can reach up to 200-300, depending on the thickness of the hair.
This type of hair is a small curls of strands of hair, and their volume varies from fine to large curls. It looks like corrugation perm, but more harmless to the condition of the hair. Due to the technique of execution, the corrugation is suitable even for owners of thin and weak hair.
For the total length of hair, such braids look like classic: 3 strands intertwined with each other. However, unlike the classical ones, the French Afro-braids are woven not “on” the head, but “on” the head: they are braided close to the scalp, thereby forming geometric patterns of almost any shape.
Upon completion of work on the upper part of the head, between the braids, visible skin patches.
These braids look identical to the classic African braids. However, unlike the latter, Thai braids are braided exclusively from natural hair, without inserts of artificial material. Because of this, Thai braids are only suitable for owners of very thick and long hair, otherwise the hairstyle will not look very beautiful.
With large curls
This hairstyle is a zigzag air curls. Special material (strands with large curls) are woven into natural hair, which creates an additional effect of volume.
Pigtails, made in the style of zizi, can be different: straight, corrugated, curled with large curls or spiral. In addition, this type of braid can be stacked in various combinations. Straight zizi visually resembles the classic afrokosichki, however, they are thinner and lighter, dry quickly enough.
This zizi decorated in very large curls, this hairstyle is ideal for those who want to create the most voluminous hair.
Dreadlocks do not look like braids in the usual sense: they are more like "sausages", the thickness of which can be completely different. In fact, dreadlocks are something like tangles: if you don’t comb or wash your hair for a long time, they will gather into dreadlocks.
However, when deliberately weaving, they look neat and beautiful, which cannot be said of "self-braided" in a natural way. For weaving dreadlocks use several techniques. The most common of them: hold a strand of hair between the edges of the palms and rub a lock between them. When the curl will remind one, it is taken by the edges and “torn”.
The weave is fully consistent with the classic Afro-braids, however, the lower part of the hair (10-1.3 cm) remains unlaid.
What African braids choose for men
A strong floor will not suit all of the listed hairstyles. Among them are the dreadlocks. This type of braids looks great on sports men who have a brutal appearance. Surfers are a prime example.
Also on the men look beautiful French braids. It is especially common among boxers and football players.
Photos of stylish variants of African braids for men.
Classic African braids can also beautify a man, but not everyone: you need to have a specific appearance for this. Otherwise, a man may become overly feminine.
African braids for girls
Girls fit any of the above hairstyles. Moreover, the most suitable age for them is the interval from 19 to 3 years, although they look good on younger girls (from 7 years). On women older than 35 years, these hairstyles will not look concise enough.
Tools and materials for weaving afrokos
To weave African braids at home you will need the following tools:
- comb, to separate the total mass of hair into strands,
- massage comb so that the hair is not matted with each other, does not have any nodules,
- silicone gum, for pinning braids (not needed for dreadlocks),
- a lighter to solder the artificial material that covers its attachment to natural hair,
- ribbons, strings of the required colors to give the hairstyle a brighter look (optional),
- hair clips to collect unnecessary curls.
Those planning to weave "safe" pigtails will need artificial materials, such as:
- Kanekalon - artificial material used to create wigs and African hairstyles. When creating African hairstyles, Kanekalon is needed to create greater hair density, as well as to lengthen the hairstyle. It looks like ordinary hair: it goes by fine individual hairs, fastened together in a ponytail or braid. This material is the most popular among materials that perform similar functions. Firstly, it is hypoallergenic and safe, and secondly, due to its properties, it can take various forms during heat treatment: curls, curls of different intensity. In addition, Kanekalon has a very wide color palette, and not necessarily monochromatic: you can find Kanekalon under highlighting, shatuzh, balayazh.
- Acrylic yarn are a kind of knitting yarn, but recently they are increasingly used for weaving braids. When performing African hairstyles, they perform the same functions as Kanekalon, however, first, they are much lighter than the cannacals, and secondly, they lose tidiness faster. However, it will be much easier for beginners to weave from threads, as they have a larger volume and it is more difficult to get confused in them.
Afrokos weaving methods
African braids (how to braid them yourself can be found below) are performed by stepwise execution of the following simple operations:
- Carefully comb hair with a massage comb so that there are no nodules left.
- Using a comb, separate the top “cap” of the hair and fix it with a clip. Only a small mop should be left free at the back of the head (across the width of the head).
- The remaining free hair should be divided into equal strands of the required thickness.
- One of the strands is divided into 3 parts and begin to weave a pigtail according to the standard scheme, but very tight.
- Reaching the ends of the hair, fasten the braid in the desired way: with a rubber band, strands of Kanekalon and a lighter, and threads.
- Do the same operations with the rest of the strands, then dissolve the rest of the hair and separate the next portion from it. Repeat the action should be until all the hair is braided.
How to care
African braids, in the first weeks after braiding them, can cause discomfort, cause itchy scalp - This is a normal reaction to excessive hair tension. To itch with time passed, and not increased, it is necessary to care for the scalp.
For this purpose, moisten a cotton pad in chamomile broth and treat their scalp. The procedure is preferably done 3 times a day. The most important thing is to scratch your head in no case, otherwise it will itch even more and you can scratch your skin to scratches and accidentally put dirt on it.
In case of severe itching, it is recommended to pat your fingers on the itchy area or massage the head by pressing the tips of the fingers on the skin.
If an afro hair dress is made with the addition of artificial materials, you should avoid excessive heating of the hair, for example, when going to the bath, the hair should be covered with a towel or a special hat.
You should wash your hair no more than once a week, otherwise the hairstyle will quickly lose its shape and "fluff up". You do not need to wash the braids (unless in case of emergency, for example, they ate something sticky or if they smelled bonfire), only the scalp between the braids. There are several ways to do this.
The first method includes the following steps:
- The scalp is thoroughly moistened from the shower.
- On hand squeeze out a little shampoo (preferably without 2 in 1 function), foaming it.
- Gently apply shampoo on exposed areas of the head. Massage them so that the shampoo is still frothy.
- Thoroughly wash off with warm water.
- Repeat the procedure should be up until the head is no longer fat.
The second method is similar to the first, but instead of the palms a sponge is used. It is necessary to apply shampoo on a sponge, lather and soak her scalp.
The correction of afrosholes can be cardinal or easy. The first one implies full interlacing of braids they need to be unstuck and then weave back.
For simplicity, it is better not to unravel the whole mass of hair at once, but along one spit. With this method, the main thing is not to get confused, which are already corrected and which are not. To do this, you can assemble the finished braids into a separate bundle using an elastic band or a clamp.
A slight correction occurs in an unusual, but effective way:
- Take one braid, put it on the palm.
- Sharp scissors are laid flat on top of the braids.
- Spend scissors along the entire length of the spit.
- To get rid of the gun on top of the head, the hairs need to be collected in a bun and cut.
As a rule, the hairs that have come out are the tips, so you need not worry that after such a correction, by unraveling the braids, you can find bald spots.
Afrokosichki look spectacular in uncool and assembled.
The following hairstyles can be made from African braids:
- various braids (French, spikelet),
- a bump on top
- two beams on the back of the head or closer to the front of the face,
- It is possible to collect only the upper mass of hair in the tail, and the lower ones to leave loose.
Bright motifs of afro braid with threads
Weaving with threads is the easiest and most affordable way. If desired, and the ability to do this hairstyle at home, though the process itself will take quite a long time. As a professional, it takes about 6 to 8 hours, and an amateur or even a beginner will have to spend half a day on this masterpiece.
What is needed?
For the hairstyle, African braids with threads we need a comb, acrylic yarn of the desired colors and of course patience. By the way, it is rather inconvenient to weave on yourself, especially the back of the head, so it would not hurt to stock up on an assistant. It is possible that the braider would start braiding the braids, and the owner of future afro braids would help by braiding the tips. Thus, in four hands, the process of weaving is greatly accelerated.
We take the threads preferably 100% acrylic, they do not shrink and do not fade as natural. Divide the yarn into strands. Each strand has three threads folded in half. The length of each of these strands should be 20-25 cm longer than the length of their own hair.
Select the hair for the first pigtail. The thinner the braids are, the better they will hold. We take the first strand of thread and in the place where they are complex we form a weak nodule.
The part of the hair separated for the braid is divided into three strands and the first one we put on the knot, we tighten it tightly. We divide the threads by two to each hair strand and weave a pigtail in the usual way: first the left strand under the middle one, then the right one, and then the left one again and so on until the very end.
Excess thread length can be removed by cutting with scissors.
African braids with thread option number 2
Afro braids with threads can also be made with a pickup. It turns out quite an interesting hairstyle from a lot of tiny dragons. The main secret of this weaving is - the thinner the interlaced strands and supports, the more beautiful the result.
Someone may say that the braids with threads are the last century, this time in the fashion of the braid with kanekalona, it is much safer, etc. etc. But this statement is quite controversial and not fair. After all, pigtails with threads have a number of advantages. They are more accessible and simple, it is much easier to weave with a thread than to work with the same Kanekalon. Pigtails with threads are more durable and fall apart less, thus being an excellent option for a beach hairstyle. Do not wear them for 3 months, a few weeks of walking with them is enough. And the convenience of an afro braid will be enjoyed and hair will not be harmed. And in the end it is worth noting that the braids interlaced with threads have their own unique and inimitable charm. No other material for weaving can replace them. And this is a fact.
What kinds of afrokos are there?
Types of afrokosicek varied:
- Classic. These are ordinary pigtails, in which Kanekalon is additionally woven.
- Harnesses. Pigtails, which are woven not from three, but from two strands and look like small cords.
- Pony. For these braids need a special lightweight material, and at their ends leave a big wavy tail that looks like a pony's tail.
- Corrugated. A highly twisted kanekalon is woven into the pigtails.
- Zizi. Finished very light pigtails, which are woven to the hair.
- Curls. Wide soft wavy strands of special light material are woven to the hair.
- Twist. Additional strands are bundles with round small curls.
- Brades. Pigtails that trail over the head.
Who is the aphropletion suitable for?
There are, of course, no restrictions on the weaving. Braid yourself such braids can anyone who wants to express themselves.
But they say that on high afrokrosichki look better than on low, as they visually "shorten" a person.
Also afrokosy strongly emphasize face asymmetry. If, on the contrary, you are trying to hide it, then the Afrokos will only hinder you.
What is good in African braids and what is bad
- bright individual image
- protection of hair from the harmful effects of the environment,
- no problems with styling,
- don't have to wash your hair often
- opportunity at any time without consequences to spread them.
AND unpleasant cons:
- in a "cap" of braids it is hot,
- the first time, pigtails can perceptibly pull,
- not very convenient to wash them.
You might ask why in the minuses no hair loss. The fact is that the hair falls out by itself, and this is normal.
They stay in the weaving, and when you loose pigtails, you comb them all at once, and not a little bit every day, so it seems that you combed out about half the head. But it only seems so.
How to weave African braids?
Before you start weaving, you need to remember a few rules. First of all, it is necessary to degrease hair as much as possibleso that they do not slide. To do this, you can wash them with soap. Do not use balm conditioner.
Secondly, you need to do the markup correctly. The squares should be perfectly flat, so that the hairs from different squares are not intertwined with each other, and should be staggered to hide the marking lines.
And thirdly, should begin to weave from the neck. And do not forget to ask the braids the right direction.
Here is a small list of all that is required for weaving:
- additional materialwhich depends on the type of afro weave selected,
- two hairbrushesone with frequent marking teeth, the other with rare weaving,
- adhesive for fixing braids or small rezinochki.
What kind of artificial materials will be needed?
In most weaves Kanekalon is used: it is bright, inexpensive, does not slip, keeps well on hair and is easy to clean.
Zizi trudge from another material, which is called - Zizi. Out of it, there are afrolocons and pigtails-ponies. All this is sold in specialized stores.
But you can experiment with any other materials, for example, make braids out of yarn. Afrokosa can be decorated with colored laces, beads, yes, by the way, with all that your heart desires. The main thing - do not overdo it.
Step-by-step weaving technique
To get beautiful afrokosichki need to follow the step-by-step technique of weaving:
- Select the strand of the desired thickness in the occipital zone. Do not forget about the correct markup.
- Carefully combing the strand and as close as possible to its root, we attach a previously prepared kanekalon thread (well, or a thread from another material).
- We divide the whole strand into three parts and weave a neat tight pigtail.
- If the pigtail should be longer than your hair, then, when the length ends, you should add some more material so that the whole pigtail is of equal thickness.
- We fix the tip as you like. It can be done with glue, beads, special apparatus or rubber.
- We make braids, do the final touches to your taste.
- We braid all the hair, moving from the back of the head to the temples. Do not forget to ask pigtails the right direction.
How to care for afrokosy?
Afrokos care takes very little time and effort.
Enough to wash the roots a small amount of shampoo about once a week or ten days. It is not necessary to wet the length, as it dries out with difficulty.
Do not use balms and conditioners. - they are badly washed out.
Also do not dry Kanekalon hair dryer. He does not like heat.
At first, irritation and itching may occur.. In this case, a few days rinse your head in chamomile broth. Itching and irritation will pass quickly.
AND do not wear braids for more than three months, as the regrown roots slowly begin to stray into the mats. And by the time the appearance of hair will not cause delight. All this may correct the podlethenie, but still wearing afrokos more than three months will begin to affect the condition of the hair.
It is better to braid braids, give your hair a rest and recover, and then blot again.
Master class "How to weave African braids at home" look at the video:
The lesson “How to weave African braids with threads” look at the video:
How easy it is to weave African braids look at the video below:
Weaving afrokos involves the use of kanekolona, a special synthetic material that is attached to the hair to give volume, elasticity and length. Externally, it is not much different from the natural head of hair, but much softer, perfectly retains its shape, very easy to use. Experts identify several types of afrokos.
It is a scattering of small braids (100 - 250 pieces), braided in the traditional three-spinning technique. The braids will be thinner, the more beautiful and durable will be the installation itself. Runtime - 3-6 hours.
This is an option for those who can not wait long. Zizi - ready thin braid (diameter - 3 mm, length - 80 cm), which is woven into strands. The initial hair length is no more than 20 cm. The lead time is from 2 to 4 hours. Term socks - from 2 to 4 months. Zizi braids can be made straight, crimped, coiled or twisted.
Represent 10-20 braids, braided in different directions (zigzag, vertically, straight or horizontal) and tight to the head. Braids can create both from natural hair, the length of which is 8-10 cm, and with the addition of synthetic Kanekalon. In the latter version, the pigtails will last longer.
French weaving is in great demand among women and men.It is very convenient to do dancing and active sports with them. Braids from native hair are 1.5 weeks, from artificial yarns - 1.5 months. Weaving time - 40 minutes.
The material for this hairstyle is a thin braid with a round small curl (Ketrin Twist or Ketrin Twist de Lux). Unlike other such braids do not fall in the process of socks. Katherine Twist looks very light and volume.
Curly Curls (afrolocons)
Weave with curls, which are attached to the roots of native hair. The length of the braid is up to 10 cm, the rest is curled in a tight beautiful curl (small, medium or large). Curly curls require regular care - in the first week they will have to be lubricated several times a day with special fixing oil. Then this procedure will need to be repeated after each wash. The required hair length is 10 cm. Lead time - 2-4 hours. Term socks - about 2 months.
Translated from English means "pony tail." These are classic African braids, which are woven from artificial material and end with a small tail. It can be both straight and swirling. The degree of perm and the level of the client chooses. The final laying length is 20-25 cm. Lead time is 5-8 hours.
Artificial braids sewn to natural strands.
Curly braids, reminiscent of wet chemistry. Corrugated kanekalon is used to create them. The diameter of the curl can be anything. Corrugation refers to quick pigtails - weaving time is about 4 hours. It is more convenient to perform it on short hair (5-6 cm) - otherwise the hairstyle will lose its pomp. Term socks - 2-3 months.
They are also called ropes, coils or bundles. Senegalese braids are twisted from two strands. Their length can be any, and a rich palette allows you to create multi-color styling. Weaving takes about 5 hours.
Another subtype of classic Afrokos, for the weaving of which only native strands are taken. The most advantageous Thai braids look on long and fairly thick hair. Another characteristic difference is that the tips of such braids are not sealed with boiling water or fire, but are fastened with a string or a colored rubber band with a bead.
Pros and cons of afrokos
Afropletieniya has several significant advantages, thanks to which they gained such huge popularity:
- Significantly lengthen the short head of hair
- Pigtails with threads change hair color. You can become a brunette, red or blonde, without coloring strands,
- They can be knotted at any time.
- They allow you to create different types of styling,
- Do not require complex care,
- They can even be created on very short hair - 4-7 cm,
- Create a stylish trendy look.
To see this, see the photo before and after.
Unfortunately, afrochichek has its drawbacks:
- They wash badly - even after applying a special shampoo, the hair still remains partially dirty,
- It takes a long time to dry - it takes several hours to dry it. Also, determining whether the strands are dry or not is also very difficult,
- Lacking enough nutrition, natural curls become dull and brittle,
- Affected and increased load on the hair follicles. In most cases, the hair begins to fall out after unraveling,
- First, with such a hairstyle is very uncomfortable to sleep.
Making braids yourself!
How to weave African braids at home? The task is not easy, but with the help of our master class you can handle it without any problems.
- Comb with rare teeth,
- Kanekolon artificial threads,
- Glue, silicone gum or a special device for fixing braids.
Step 1. Comb the hair.
Step 2. Divide it with a comb into equal vertical partings. Their number can be arbitrary and depends on the thickness of the future weaving.
Step 3. On the back of your head take a small strand of hair with a rhomboid parting.
Step 4. Comb it well and attach the Kanekolon thread as close as possible to the roots.
Step 5.Divide the resulting curl into three parts and braid a tight pigtail.
Step 6. Involving the native strands, add a couple more threads so that the finished braid is of the same thickness.
Step 7. Fix the spit tip - it can be soldered, glued or tied with a silicone rubber band.
Step 8. Exactly such a pigtail braid next to this.
Step 9. Continue weaving on the partings in the direction from the neck to the crown. The length, thickness and number of braids determine themselves.
Tip! Do not wash your hair before creating a hairstyle, otherwise the strands will be pushed and crumbled
African weaving is categorically not suitable for girls with weak, damaged, recently dyed or chemically curled hair. First, it’s harder to work with them. Secondly, such a head of hair needs time to recover, otherwise a fashionable hairstyle can bring only harm.
Caring for African braids is not so difficult. The main thing - to remember a few rules.
- Rule 1. Synthetic threads can not be straightened with an iron, twisted on curlers and dry out with a hair dryer - this adversely affects their condition. You should also refuse to visit a bath or sauna. But the braids can be painted, so if you want to change the hair color, feel free to go to the salon!
- Rule 2. Ideally, a special shampoo is needed for washing the head, but the usual one will do. Dissolve a small amount of the product in a basin with warm water, lower the braids into it and gently rinse them. Pay special attention to the spaces between the weaves. Air conditioning or balm can not be used! To aesthetic hair, repeat the procedure once every 7-10 days.
- Rule 3. Do not wear braids for more than 2.5-3 months.
- Rule 4. If there are protruding hairs, gently cut them with nail scissors. Place them flat, as if cutting the split ends.
- Rule 5. If you are not satisfied with the length of braids, cut them to the desired level.
- Rule 6. Afrokos with threads adjusted in the cabin - preferably one master.
As the photos show, African braids can make a lot of light and stylish styling. Most often they are worn loose, fixed with a wide bandage or tied with a knot at the back of the head. But that's not all! High or low tail, a large and lush beam, a wide spit - there are a lot of options!
How to weave afrokosy?
If necessary, you can remove afrokos without the help of outsiders:
1. Cut the threads from the ends of the hair.
2. Armed with a needle or an awl, unravel weaving.
3. Gently pull the pigtail around the roots to release the thread.
4. Untangle the strands with your hands and remove the Kanekolon thread.
5. Wash your hair with a revitalizing shampoo and firming balm.
A bit of the history of the appearance of afrokrosichek
Afrokos has a rather rich history, because they appeared more than 5 thousand years ago! Once upon a time, the Egyptians had braided their curls into strong braids or pigtails. Such a move was used to ensure that the hair did not require much personal care, because with hygiene at that time it was very bad.
In many countries in ancient times weaving of braids was considered a whole ritual, filled with a special meaning. The ancients believed that many small braids drive away evil spirits from their wearers and even attract good luck. Some of our contemporaries still believe in these beliefs.
But why such braids called African? The thing is that the “white” people of Africa brought their own fashion for wavy and braided hair. Thus they imitated European appearance.
I must confess that my girlfriend wove them to me herself, since in the salons the girls in four hands do it. And it took me 24 hours - the day of my life was spent on this beauty. It is hard to stand the seat for 12 hours. 12 hours goes on braiding one half of the head, and we did it in two rounds.
How to SLEEP with afrokosichkami?
The first thing that shocked me was how to sleep with them.Well, that was still half of the unabsorbed head, it saved me. The hair had to get used to the tension, and when I laid my head on the braided half - it seemed that little needles were inserted into my head - it was impossible to sleep on them. But after braiding the second half of the head, I had to sleep on the braided first half, fortunately my head got used to it a little during the day))).
How to wash afrokosichki?
My head once a week - 10 days with a solution of shampoo with water, blur the pigtails with a sponge. They dry quickly, especially in the sun, which is why afrokosichki weave mostly in the summer. In the process of washing the threads are saturated with water and become harder ... you need to be patient and wait for them to dry.
We now turn to the details.
Divide the head into two halves. We take a strand of hair the size of a square with sides of 1 cm. We wet a strand of hair with water from a spray bottle.
We measure the length of the thread, attaching to the length of the strand, the length of the thread should be 20 cm longer than the strand.
For a pigtail, the necessary length of the thread in 4 or 6 layers is taken, the final weight of the threads on the head depends on it, as you understand. Therefore, I was braided from 4 threads.
The thread is cut in such a way that it turns out two threads = double the desired length, then the threads are folded in half and 4 threads are obtained.
At the place of the bend of two threads, you need to tie a knot, prepare it in such a way, so that you can fasten it to a strand of hair.
We tie a knot of threads at the roots of the hair strand, control the tension, the knot should not hang out.
Tighten the knot on the strands:
We begin to weave a pigtail of threads, gradually weaving hair there:
Patching the pigtail already without hair, since we laid another 20 cm of extra thread length.
At the end of the pigtail we make a strong knot.
Cut the rest of the thread after the knot at a distance of 2 mm:
The tip of the pigtail is lit by a lighter and pressed down on the lighter.
At each tip of the pigtail there will be such a “filling”, you can not set it on fire, but tie it with transparent silicone elastics. Try for yourself what you like best.
A total of about 280 braids on my head, it took 5 minutes to braid one afro-braid, even when Ksyusha’s friend’s hand was “full”, she couldn’t speed up this process, so you can initially calculate the approximate braiding time of the whole head. And we must also take into account that I have an average length of afrokosicek, and for long ones I need even more time.
When I wove them, I thought: “God !! You can agree to this only once in a lifetime! I just wanted to try so much! But I will never make up my mind again! ". It was just so unexpectedly long and hard to sit. And now, when I have tasted all the charm and beauty of this image, I already think that next year I would very much like to make myself afrokosichki!
And even the thought that they will have to be removed is sad ((.
So girls, if you want for a long time, but you are afraid of nuances - make yourself afrokosichki, it's so beautiful.
If you live in Feodosia (Crimea), then my friend Ksenia can braid them for you - write to her)).
Types of African braids
Weaving African braids can be made in various ways, giving the output multiple options. Consider them in more detail.
Classic afrokosyin which the tips of the weave remain smooth. This hairstyle allows you to make even partings or fantasize.
Weaving technique Pony tail It is interesting because there is a curl at the bottom of the pigtail, 15-20 centimeters long, resembling a pony tail in shape.
Zizi - This is a technique of weaving into the hair of finished braids, which greatly simplifies the process of creating hairstyles. To create this variation, you must have a hair length of at least 15 centimeters. The spiral braid version is called Zizi Sue.
Corrugated. To create this hairstyle, a special corrugated material is woven into the hair strands.
Curl Large Curls provide braid weaving only 10-15 centimeters, then the hair continues with curls of special material, twisted in the form of waves. This hair requires special care.
Senegalese braids performed by twisting the two strands between themselves. It is worth noting that this hairstyle is short-lived.
Dreadlocks. This technique is specific to the fact that the hair is interwoven with woolen threads.
If you want to improve the condition of your hair, special attention should be paid to shampoos that you use.
A frightening figure - in 97% of shampoos of famous brands are substances that poison our body. The main components, due to which all the troubles on the labels are designated as sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, coco sulfate. These chemicals destroy the structure of the hair, the hair becomes brittle, lose elasticity and strength, the color fades. But the worst thing is that this stuff gets into the liver, heart, lungs, accumulates in the organs and can cause cancer.
We advise you to abandon the use of funds in which these substances are located. Recently, experts of our editorial staff conducted an analysis of sulfate-free shampoos, where the first place was taken by funds from the company Mulsan Cosmetic. The only manufacturer of all-natural cosmetics. All products are manufactured under strict quality control and certification systems.
We recommend to visit the official online store mulsan.ru. If you doubt the naturalness of your cosmetics, check the expiration date, it should not exceed one year of storage.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of African braids:
- There are a lot of ways to weave braids, so for any girl there is a way
- braids are easy to increase the length of hair, which is very convenient for girls with short haircuts,
- afrokosy help change hair color by weaving in them strands of another color or thread,
- transformation of straight hair into curly,
- they can be woven themselves and at any time.
- wash this hair is very difficult, even with the use of special tools,
- the hair is difficult to dry after washing,
- the hair follicles are injured from the severity of the strands attached, which is fraught with subsequent hair loss,
- nutrition and enrichment of curls with vitamins is reduced, so they become brittle, lose their luster and healthy appearance,
- sleep on this design is not very convenient.
Weaving technique is not so difficult, but incredibly time consuming, you can see this in any educational video. Just imagine, there will be from 150 to 300 braids on your head! Of course, the wizard will make hair faster, without requiring your participation. Is it possible to make this weaving at home?
Consider how to make African braids at home. To do this, you will need a comb, threads or curls for interweaving, glue for brades, rubber bands. It would be better if you will attract to the case assistantThis will facilitate and speed up the process.
So, we proceed to work using the step-by-step instructions for classic weaving.
- Carefully comb hair, it is better if they are slightly damp.
- Conventionally, the surface of the head is divided into squares, making parting. From each square we will have a braid plaited.
- Next, take a strand, divide it into three parts. We braid the usual pigtail to the required length. In this case, you can weave direct and inverse way. This is a matter of skill and habit.
- At the end, fix the rubber band.
- Increase the speed of weaving each subsequent pigtails.
- Weave until all strands of the head are braided into braids.
When weaving it is necessary to ensure that the tension of the strands was the same. Also, do not panic if the ends of the hair are tangled. Just with one hand you need to hold three strands, and the second to hold the hair, separating them with your fingers.
For a more detailed look at the weaving nuances, watch a pre-video.
You can also watch other videos, in which all possible options for weaving afrokos are presented.
Afrokosy should be washed in warm water with shampoo dissolved in it. In this case, the headwash can be both ordinary and special, the main thing is to avoid air conditioners. After washing your head in a soapy solution, rinse thoroughly.
It is necessary to wash your hair every 7-10 days, if you carry out this process more often, then the hair will be worn. Remember that with African braids you can not go to the bath, sauna. It is not necessary to dry your hair with a hair dryer, if artificial hairs or threads are added to your hair.
Wear this hairstyle can be 2-3 months, although some girls extend this period to six months, which is very harmful for the hair structure.
The process of removing African braids is interesting and no less time consuming..
- Remove the braid from the ends of the hair, cutting it off with scissors.
- We assort weaving a long needle.
- We tighten the braid to detach the overhead braids.
- Tangled strands gently straighten your fingers.
- After removing the braid, be sure to wash your hair with a special shampoo. And it is better to make a mask to strengthen weakened hair.
African braids are beautiful because they can be recreated on any hair. It does not matter the type of hair, neither the length nor the age of the owner. If you want to stand out from the crowd with an unusual hairstyle, then learn how to weave African braids, gain patience, perseverance and dare!
What kinds of afrocos are?
Afrokos - hairstyle, which includes many species and subspecies. We decided to consider the most popular areas of Afro-braids in the modern fashion barbershop.
- Brades This is a French braid, more like spikelets. Usually they are not braided much, up to 30 pieces. Their distinctive feature is the direction of weaving. They trail along the entire head, and most often have an unusual shape (triangles, zigzags, etc.). Such braids keep up to 2 weeks. If you also use artificial hair when braiding, they will last 2 times longer on the head.
- Zizi The most popular afrokos is definitely zizi! They weave quickly and many at a time. On average, one hairstyle goes from 500 zizi braids. Creating such a haircut takes about 5 hours. Zizi can be braided to any length of hair, which is very convenient. In their weaving used Kanekalon - artificial hair, so visually your hairstyle will seem more luxurious and more. Also, thanks to the use of artificial hair in weaving afrokos zizi, you can choose absolutely any color of them.
- Senegalese braids. In the use of this species also comes Kanekalon. Unlike other Afrokos varieties, the Senegalese braids trail like a rope, and look thicker and much more voluminous. The color of kanekalon can be completely different: from natural to bright acid. On average, braided from hundreds to 500-600 braids in one hairstyle. Senegalese braids are worn for a long time, but require monthly correction.
- Ponital Such braids are very similar to the classics or ordinary zizi, but they have one obvious distinguishing feature - their loose ends. That is, the pigtail is woven not fully, leaving a part of the strand uncovered below. Pontayl braids quite a long time, from six to eight hours. In the hairstyle used several hundred braids - depending on the wishes of the client. The more braids will be involved, the more magnificent the hairstyle will look. It will last about 4 months, depending on the accuracy of wearing and caring for pigtails. Of the minuses poniteyl can note the care of them. Since the ends of such braids are loose, they will have to be washed and combed more often. You can not allow them to entangle, otherwise you have to remove all pigtails ahead of schedule.
- Thai braids.It is these braids we are so used to seeing in cities and resorts on the beaches. Their principal feature is weaving only from natural hair, without using Kanekalon. This type of afrokos will suit both owners of long hair and medium length. On short hair braid Thai braids will be much more difficult. Often to these braids on the tips add any jewelry - most often large beads. It is important to know that if any artificial material that imitates hair is added to such braids, they will no longer be Thai.
- Spit gofre. Such playful wavy braids are somewhat reminiscent of a perm. A large number of artificial curls attached to the head with the help of special devices or through other braids. This hairstyle is not done too long, in the region of 3 hours in one session. Despite the speed of creating such a hairstyle, it is most difficult to care for her, and she will hold out to you for not so long.
As we learned, there are many varieties of afrokos, so everyone will be able to choose their own hairstyle with them to taste.
Afrokosy on different lengths of hair
Almost all types of afrokos can be made to any hair length. Since in the braiding of African braids most often used additional artificial hair or Kanekalon, with their help, you can safely increase the length of your braids.
Also, with the help of some species of Afrokos (for example, the Gofre Spit), it is quite possible to get curly, perky curls from the hair.
Who are Afrokos, and who should avoid them?
Unfortunately, afrokosy will not look beautiful on all types of faces. Pigtails are categorically not suitable for people with a round face shape, as they round it even more, highlighting their cheeks and widening their foreheads.
If you own a low forehead, then thanks to afrokosy, you can make it visually higher. Also, pigtails are suitable for people with a thin face and a dedicated cheekbones.
Afrokos has many lovers who find themselves in this hairstyle. And there are those to whom wearing braids on their heads for a long time seemed difficult. Therefore, opinions and reviews about Afrokos vary widely.
Most often, negative feedback comes from those people who really did not realize what they were going to. Or from those who unsuccessfully got to the bad master because of their non-experience.
What does the hair look like after removing afrokosichek?
Unfortunately, for the time of wearing any kind of afrokos, hair care is very difficult. And, of course, it affects the state of your curls after removing the braids.
After removing the African braids, your hair will be weakened or at worst damaged. It will take some time to restore the health of your hair, so be prepared for this.
Also, after removing afrokos, your hair will remain wavy for a while, as it was tightly braided before.
And in the process of removing braids, be prepared for the loss of a certain amount of hair. If afrokosy were braided on long hair, then in this case, often make haircut squares. So new healthy hair will grow much faster.
All the pros and cons afrokos
- Aesthetics of the species
- Original hairstyle
- Do not require hair care,
- You can wash your hair much less often
- For a while, you can forget about the comb,
- Bulky hairstyle due to the large number of braids
- A large variety of braids and weaving styles,
- Artificial hair is a durable material that can be used even after removing the braids,
- Weave on any length of hair.
- Not everyone will do
- Considered informal hairstyle,
- Costly weaving procedure and material
- It’s hard to find a good master
- You can not braid on sick hair,
- Require timely correction
- Heaviness on the head
- Small selection of Afrocos hairstyles,
- After removing the braids, the hair is injured and weakened,
- We'll have to significantly spend money on hair restoration after removing the braids.
Afrokos has enough of both its pros and cons. Therefore, it is worth weighing all the pros and cons before you go to the master. In any case, an experienced master will always advise you on the procedure for weaving African braids and in caring for them.
The main rules of care for Afrokos
To afrokosy hold out on you as long as possible, you should follow some rules to care for them:
- If in the first days after weaving braids with Kanekalon you have a slight irritation on the skin - do not worry! This is quite normal, since the procedure uses synthetic materials that are allergic to many people. Treat irritated skin with chlorhexidine or any other antiseptic, and over time redness and itching will disappear.
- Do not wash afrokos too often. Now your new hairstyle will not need to wash your hair everyday. It is enough to do it only once a week, or even two.
- Forget hair balsams. During shampooing, use only shampoo, balms and other hair care products. This is because balms do not foam, unlike shampoo, and it is rather difficult to wash it off from braids.
- Thoroughly wash afrokosy, not leaving shampoo on them. It is important to rinse your hair and scalp well, so that no shampoo or other chemicals are left on them. If you yourself can not properly wash your curls, ask for help from relatives.
- Dry the afrokosy thoroughly before bedtime. You can not go to bed with wet pigtails. They can simply be confused among themselves, and unraveling them is still a difficult task ...
- Do not forget about the correction of afrokos. It is necessary because of the rapid growth of hair. If you neglect this rule, your hair may be damaged. Correction is required monthly or at the insistence of your master.
What celebrities tried afrokos on themselves?
American R’n’B singer, actress and dancer Beyonce appeared on Afrokos in many of her performances. They matched perfectly with her R’n’B image and made her playful.
Also, such musical performers as Snoop Dogg, Fergie, Rihanna and Justin Timberlake also more than once wove afro on their hair. Afrokos perfectly complement their image, emphasizing their chosen musical direction.
Representatives of the model business also ventured to try on African braids. Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks are vivid examples of this. To implement some of the photos of the projects, they resorted to Afrokos in their images.
Talented footballer David Beckham also turned out to be an afro lover. This hairstyle is quite comfortable with its tight work schedule, and even the hair does not interfere with it during important matches.
Such bold Russian beauties like Ksenia Sobchak and Olga Buzova also decided to keep up with fashion, and do afro hair on their hair. Their fans have appreciated the new images of fashionistas!
We spin afrokosy on video lessons:
Since now many masters braid afrokosy at home or at their clients at home, such a phenomenon as video tutorials and master classes on weaving on the Internet is no longer news for anyone.
We picked up the most interesting video lessons on weaving afrokos for those who would like to learn how to do them.
- To decide - do you need afrokosa at all? Yes, it may sound ridiculous, but it is important to know exactly whether Afrokos are permissible in your life and whether they fit your wardrobe and style.
Afrokos are considered to be a very informal hairstyle, therefore not every employer will accept such a hairstyle from his employee. Also it should be understood that braids require a certain wardrobe to themselves, with which they will be well combined.
- Braid afrokosy only on your healthy hair.Many probably would like to hide behind a multitude of plaits an unsuccessful haircut or their unkempt hair, but that’s absolutely impossible. While wearing any kind of afrokos, the hair will not be able to carry out proper care, so weakened hair will only get worse after removing the braids.
- Approach with due attention to the choice of an experienced master. Splicing afrokosy - expensive pleasure. In this case, the payment goes, both for expensive material - most often Kanekalon, and for the laborious laborious work of the master.
Since more than one hundred braids are used in the hairstyle, the work is delayed for several hours, and the result will be quite difficult to remake. Therefore, when choosing a master for yourself, do not start from the cheapness of his services, but from work experience (see his portfolio) and feedback from his clients.
- Do not save on material for braids. Most often in the weaving of afrokos use additional artificial hair, if it is of course not Thai braids. The cost of artificial hair depends on their quality. It should be understood that the better the material used, the longer the work of the master will last for you. The cost of afrokos hairstyles will also depend on the number of braids used.
- Do not forget about the correction of afrokos. The correction of any afrokos is not mandatory, but necessary. Your hair, even when braided in pigtails, continues to grow anyway. Accordingly, sooner or later your haircut will need correction, despite proper care for her. If you run this case, then your hair will look at least not aesthetically pleasing, and your hair may be injured.
Weaving African braids at home, no matter how difficult and time-consuming it may be, moreover, most lovers of such hairstyles do this - it’s too expensive to do it all the time in salons. Afro-braids came to us, as the name implies, from Africa, where this hairstyle, which first appeared many years ago, was and is super-popular. This hairstyle is exclusive in our latitudes, and only the most courageous and notorious originals, both girls and boys, can boast it.
In addition to the bright image and unforgettable appearance, this kind of hair is surprisingly comfortable in everyday life, despite the eccentricity from the point of view of our man. It is for their practicality that the braids (the name for hairstyles in Africa, where no one calls them African) and were widely spread on the black continent. How to braid African braids at home, is it even possible? The answer is of course yes! In fact, in distressed families in Africa, where there is often not enough money for food, few people go to an expensive hairdresser to make a haircut for several months, namely, braids are worn, often the fair sex makes a girlfriend a friend or even themselves .
How to weave afrokrosichki: types of brades
Due to the huge popularity of African braids in the world 10-15 years ago, this fashion came to us and firmly rooted as one of the possible ways of self-expression and a way to be always in the center of attention, always attracting views with its spectacular appearance. Regardless of the complexity of the execution and the chosen size, any type of African braids can be made at home. What are the braids? Below is a complete list of the current types of this hairstyle:
- braids with large and small curl,
- straight braids,
- Thai brades
- the so-called Zizi, created by interweaving a pre-made pigtail,
- patterned, french brades,
- wavy, twisted afroshoes,
- Pony-Braydy, straight along the main length and curled at the tips,
- Senegalese harnesses are created by twisting a pair of strands between themselves.
There are a lot of species of Afro-brass and each master makes his own twist.Do not push yourself into the framework, this art, give a flight of fantasy.
The above list will never be complete, because the creation of hair - art and each of its version brings its own characteristics, but the main areas are listed. In accordance with the chosen type of pigtails, the technique of their weaving can vary, therefore, we will consider below the classical sequence of actions of weaving of the African braids in home conditions.
How to make African braids at home? Step by step
In general, the chosen hairstyle can be considered one of the most difficult to perform, you can do it yourself, without outside help, only if you have a lot of experience and a full hand, because in this case you will have to do many operations in front of a mirror, and some will feel like a touch. For the first time to weave afrokrosichki at home, you must necessarily ask for help from a friend or girlfriend, well, if this person has already encountered this type of hairstyle, but not necessarily. The whole process includes 2 stages, then we will consider each of them in detail.
Stage 1: Preparatory operations
As before creating any masterpiece of hairdressing, before weaving delusions, you must thoroughly wash your hair with a deeply cleansing shampoo. This operation is necessary for several reasons: firstly, in order to get beautiful smooth braids, the hair must be clean, even and straightened, and secondly, this procedure ensures that the process of unraveling, subsequently, will pass smoothly and easily. Naturally, as it was mentioned, it is precisely deep shampoo that is needed, this type of shampoo will simplify the process of weaving afrokos at home. It is all about chlorine, wax and oils, which inevitably get into each hair with the application of common hygiene products and the use of tap water. These substances are difficult to wash out with regular shampoo. It is better to go to the nearest pharmacy and buy deep cleaning shampoo.
The next step is to apply the conditioner, it is necessary for ease of combing and ease of weaving braids. Air conditioning, to reduce the pH, it is recommended to dilute with distilled water (1: 1), almond or castor oil (1 part oil to 3 parts air conditioner). Finally you need to dry and comb your hair. The method of drying can be chosen arbitrarily, depending on the time you have: a hair dryer, a towel or spontaneous drying. After the above operations have been completed, you can already knit afro-crooks at home, if everything is done correctly, the process will be pleasant and painless.
Afrokos weaving video
The theme of African braids is quite popular and in demand; there are many videos on the subject in Russian and in English. In fact, both the first and the second can be useful, because in this issue the main clarity and not the voiceover of the performer is the main thing. If you have carefully read the submitted instructions, then you now know how to braid African braids, and the video below will help to understand the details.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW! Means for improving hair growth, without chemicals and harm
Today, at the peak of popularity are stylish and very unusual African braids. They help not only to make the image more interesting and eye-catching, but also add volume to the hairstyle. Often, girls want to know how to weave African braids on their own at home, but fear for the health of their curls. In fact, if you approach this process correctly, the hair will not be damaged, and the lady will get an excellent result of her work.
Many girls, for sure, have heard about the dangers of such braids, but in fact, this hairstyle helps to protect the hair from various harmful effects. Do not refuse to be stylish and beautiful, especially since you can even make such a hairstyle with your own hands, without resorting to the services of a master.
What are Afrokos?
In fact, the question of how to weave African braids with threads, at home on the video, is not so complicated. To begin with, it is simply necessary to consider the types of such braids, because they can be different, and the type of weaving will depend on the type. For example, it can be the usual classical types of braids, they are woven with the addition of special threads to make the strands look more dense and thick.
There are also harnesses, in this case not three strands are taken, but only two, and they are folded using a special technology into a bundle. The “Pony” hairstyle can be liked by more romantic ladies, here pigtails are already tangled with a special light material, and the ends are left flowing.
In this case, the tails should be slightly twisted. Brady and corrugation remain no less popular, in the first case the braid is woven around the head, and in the second case twisted kanekalon is used.
Now it is necessary to make out in more detail how to weave African braids with your own hands, without resorting to the help of a master. It is recommended to weave braids on hair that is not less than ten centimeters in length, but a master can braid such braids on curls five centimeters.
I grew RUSSIAN spit! According to the village recipe! +60 cm in 3 months ...
- Before starting the process, it is necessary to thoroughly degrease the surface of the hair. To do this, it is enough to wash the curls with soap or shampoo, but not using balsam.
- It is very important to do the markings correctly, usually for this they use squares arranged in a checkerboard pattern. In this case, the strands will not be intertwined, and the marking line will be well hidden.
- Weaving begins with the occipital region. Need help will be from the outside, not necessarily the master, you can ask a friend. It is also worth remembering that the braids will have to set the right direction, otherwise they will stick in different directions.
What materials do we need?
- material for weaving such braids (the choice depends on the type of afrokosichek),
- comb with small and frequent teeth, to create even partings,
- hairbrush with large and rare teeth, for weaving braids,
- small elastics, for fixing braids or special glue for hair.
What materials is better to choose?
Before you figure out the question of how to weave African braids on video at home, you should take some time to choose the material. Most often for such afrokos special material is used, similar in appearance to yarn, it is called Kanekalon. The advantage of this material is that it does not slip through the hair. Usually Kanekalon has very bright colors, it is very convenient even for beginners to work with, and also it is great to wash. If you wish, you can use the most common yarn and various ribbons, and use beads and colored laces as decoration.
Note! User recommendation!
To combat hair loss, our readers have discovered an amazing tool. This is a 100% natural remedy, which is based solely on herbs, and mixed in such a way as to most effectively deal with the ailment. The product will help to quickly and effectively restore hair growth, give them a clean and silky. Since the drug consists only of herbs, it has no side effects.
Help your hair ... "
The rules of weaving afrokosichek:
- First, it is necessary to divide all the hair into separate strands, the more curls you get, the more labor-intensive the work will be, but the result will be very pleased. It is necessary to start weaving only from the neck area, for this reason you will have to ask someone for help.
- Now one strand is combed, and a harvested thread of the selected material is attached near the hair root. It is best to pick exactly the thread from Kanekalon, but you can pick up a simple yarn, although the result will be completely different.
- The resulting strand is divided into three equal parts, as for the usual weaving of a pigtail, and then they begin to weave a fairly tight braid. If you want to make the hair a little longer than the natural length, then you need to add a little material when your own curls have already run out. This will make it possible to make a braid of the same thickness along the entire length.
- Next, you need to fix the tip, this is done using a special glue, small elastics or beads can also be used. The process of weaving should go from the back of the head, and move to the temporal region, only then begin to design the rest of the curls.
Basic rules of care
In fact, to care for such a hairdo is not difficult at all, everything is even easier than with loose curls. For a start, it is worth remembering that you should not drench the entire length, firstly, it dries out badly, and secondly, the braids themselves are almost not dirty. Wash hair roots with a simple shampoo can be no more than once a week. Some will be enough once in ten days.
Apply balms and conditioners is useless, in addition, they are heavily leached from the curls, for this reason it is better not to use these tools. Do not dry pigtails with a hair dryer, as the material used does not tolerate high temperatures.
It is worth considering that the first few days the scalp will get used, so itching and irritation may occur. To alleviate these symptoms, you can rinse the roots of chamomile tincture.
It is better to wear such heavy braids on your head for no more than three months, for this time the appearance of the braids will deteriorate significantly. The fact is that the roots will begin to grow and stray, combing them later will be simply impossible. It is better to avoid such a problem right away. Anyway, the long wearing of such a hairstyle aggravates the health of the curls. Hair must rest and recover, it is enough for one month, and then you can again braid pigtails.
- You try not to leave the house without a headdress or wig
- And you prefer virtual communication to personal communication ...
- Since your hair on your head does not add to you confidence in yourself ...
- And for some reason, well-known advertised hair products are ineffective in your case ...
- And you have experienced everything: masks, sprays, shampoos
- Therefore, we are now ready to take advantage of any opportunity that will help you ...
But an effective remedy for hair exists! Follow the link and find out how to return your hair to its former glory in a week ...
Many of us sometimes want a sudden change in life, as well as in appearance. If you are not ready to trim your long braids, you can show your style individually in a different way.
We offer to learn how to weave African braids, making it your own hands.
The species of African braids count a good ten. Some are purely masculine features, others are exclusively hairstyle for the weaker sex. We will focus on the most popular, relevant, fashionable in our time varieties.
The traditional version of African braids is the oldest method, which is characterized by the absence of the use of kanekalon, and also without the addition of curls. This is a simple and inexpensive way to revitalize your image for those who do not yet know how to weave afro-braids.
An amusing variation in which the weaving of African braids is interrupted at the second third of the length of the hair, giving way to a curled curl that resembles the tail of a miniature pony.
Such braids combine ethnic attractiveness along with a touch of glamor, thanks to curled tips.
The peculiarity of this type of hairstyle from African braids is the use of two, not three strands.
Due to the fact that such weaves of afrokosichek is the least durable, quite often it is decorated with artificial threads that firmly intercept the hair from above, thus keeping the shape. In addition, thanks to the multi-colored threads, the black color of your mane will look more advantageous.
The hairstyle is a connection in which the African-American braids dramatically turn into large curls, often from artificial materials.
This hairstyle will require careful care and extremely careful handling, which complicates everyday life, taking a lot of time.
Zizi Afro-braids are synthetic ready-made braids that are woven into natural hair.
The undeniable advantage is a huge choice of colors and the ability to do hair of any length. Zizi's African braids are often performed on short hair.
This American type is popular in the home of Bob Marley.
Its feature can be considered thickened strands, the use of traumatic methods of creating strands, with tearing the hair, twisting it into tight knots. As a rule, after the afro braids dreadlocks hair can not be restored. Traditionally, male dreadlocks in our time are increasingly seen on girls.
How to make African braids at home will be useful to know, even if you plan to entrust this responsible business to a qualified specialist.
Before starting, do not wash your hair for 2 or 3 days. This will protect the hair roots from loosening and loss of hair from the hair follicles.
Even if you plan to make African braids for short hair, follow this rule to keep hair growth and density unchanged.
- To create a hairstyle you need about 250-300 braids, which you will be braided in the salon, most likely two masters at the same time. In this case, the cost of time will be from 4 to 9-10 hours. Long hair will take longer.
- To create multi-colored strands used a special artificial material - Kanekalon.
This is a light and smooth to the touch thread, which is woven throughout the length of the hair. Its application is especially important when afro-braids are needed for short hair.
- Hair is carefully combed over the entire length and divided into equal width strands.
- At the base, the strands fix the Kanekalon thread or weave a pigtail of natural hair.
- At the very tip of the spit, they are fixed with a special thin elastic band or tied with a part of Kanekalon.
Creating a Home - Pros and Cons
If you plan to weave African braids at home, learn in advance the maximum information about everything related to this topic.
We want to mention the most important points to which attention should be paid when deciding on this step.
- Relative cheapness. You do not have to pay for expensive master services. Afro-braids at home will require spending your time and buying the necessary accessories.
- The element of creativity. You can decide directly during weaving, which colors or material to choose, in which sequence to weave a particular shade and in which direction to start weaving strands.
- A huge waste of time. Get ready for the fact that you have to spend at least 8, or even 12 hours, in order to braid African braids. During this time, you will have enough time to get tired and hungry, but there will be no opportunity to quit.
- Uneven thickness. This is often the case with beginners. First, your braids are more or less the same thickness, and then, you start to hurry and make new ones thicker, grabbing more hair. Thus, your hair style acquires the masculine, sloppy features of the Jamaican rastaman.
In order for your hairstyle to look not only original, but also neat, it is important to understand how to care for the transformed hair.
- Experts agree that caring for hair with such a hairstyle comes down to weekly shampooing. It does not make sense to wash braided hair more often, since it is not soiled as loose. There is no special sense to treat hair with a mask or a balm.
But for greater gloss, you can put on the surface a little special oil. Male hair, for example, when using African braids with threads, requires even less care and is limited to weekly washing.
- Caution should be used in saunas, beaches, tanning salons. High temperatures, chlorinated water, ultraviolet can change the color and texture of artificial threads. Therefore, before making African braids with the addition of artificial strands, consider this moment.
- It is important to understand that hair straighteners, hot air of hair dryers, curling irons, other appliances with heating elements are absolutely contraindicated in afrocos decorated with artificial strands.