Gray can appear at any time in life. Some notice in their first silver hair back in 20 years, others are faced with such a problem already in adulthood.
Not so long ago the hair coloring procedure was popular mainly among women. In addition to them, the services of hairdressers-colourists were used by artists, people who needed to be constantly in public and maintain their image.
It turns out that Yuri Nikulin dyed his hair. The man was sure that the clown could not afford to be gray, because no one would laugh at the old man. At that time, he had to buy special tools for coloring gray hair abroad.
What are the types of paints and how to use them
Paints can be divided into two categories:
Resistant pigments are more often used for dyeing gray hair - the color is saturated and not washed off. Repeated procedure is carried out only when the hair grows noticeably. This category includes such means:
- JustForMen - the tool is sold immediately ready, no need to mix your own oxidizer and paint. Durable saturated color that will not wash out over time is provided
- Lisap Man Color - palette of the Italian brand, in the presence of 5 natural colors. Means belongs to professional, product feature - lack of ammonia. However, it includes a phytoamplifier, which allows you to achieve a lasting effect.
The procedure for dyeing hair in all cases is the same. It is necessary to apply the product on dry curls, soak for 20-30 minutes, rinse thoroughly.
By semi-permanent dyes, which eventually washed out. On average, the procedure should be repeated after 4-6 weeks. Coloring occurs quickly, just 15 minutes is enough to get the desired result. Among semi-permanent dyes are often used such:
- C: EHKO Men Professional Hair Color Cream - a product of the German brand, completely paints over gray hair, in the palette only natural shades. The consistency of the tool makes it very convenient to use,
- Paul Mitchell Flash Back - the dye does not contain ammonia, but at the same time the paint is quite resistant, it is washed out no earlier than after 6 weeks. At your disposal a palette of 9 natural shades, among which you can choose the right one.
Why a man can not take advantage of women's colors, which are represented in a variety on the shelves in stores? The peculiarity of men's hair is that they are more prone to fat, harder. Therefore, experts develop hair dyes, shampoos, and other cosmetics that suit men. But experiments with female paints can end badly.
Toning gray hair
If you believe the advertising of various beauty centers, the procedure of tinting the hair takes very little time, but it allows you to completely get rid of gray hairs, look fresh and solid again.
Experts say that there are various means for camouflaging and masking gray hair. Moreover, fast and gentle toning can be done not only for the hair, but also for facial hair. In this case, 100% painting does not occur, as well as a radical change in color. Manufacturers claim that as hair grows, there will not be a dramatic color transition, its partial fading. The composition of such products does not include aggressive oxidizing agents. Means, hair will not be damaged.
For toning can be used:
- Loreal "Cover 5",
- products brand American Crew,
- product men reshade goldwell.
The effectiveness of tinted shampoos
Tint shampoos are innovative products that include not only detergent components, but also chemical dyes. This allows you to change the hair color directly while washing your head. Means are not always safe for hair, as the composition may contain ammonia, sulfates. Because of this, the strands may become stiffer and more brittle.
You can use a professional shampoo and balm Kapous Professional Life Color. The product is enriched with fruit acids. The result after use will hold up to 3-4 washes.
Another professional tint is Matrix Color Care. Feature means - in its composition is keratin. It allows you to strengthen the hair, prevent their drying, give them shine.
Pros and cons of toning
- in comparison with dyeing, it does not spoil the hair body, because it does not contain peroxides or ammonia,
- Favorably refreshes the natural color of the hair,
- allows you to make your hair fashionable, bright, without changing the main hair color, you can tint both the whole head and individual strands,
- allows you to experiment often without harming your hair,
- such paint is not washed out immediately, so it is not necessary to update the staining as soon as the roots grow - there will not be a noticeable transition of the hair from the unpainted areas to the painted ones,
- perhaps not only monochromatic coloring, but also various coloring, contrasts, coloring only the ends or only the roots, etc.,
- fast masking of gray hair without the risk of harming even thin hair,
- it is easy to wash off an unsuccessful shade, especially using special means.
- With the help of tonics you cannot radically lighten dark strands,
- the effect does not last long, you need to repeat the toning,
- shades are not always predictable, may not quite match the pictures on the packaging,
- The use of toning preparations is not very economical, as it is necessary to update the color quite often.
Be careful! It is difficult to predict what tone will give the coloring on the individual hair color, especially on the previously painted strands.
The choice of tonic for gray hair
The choice of shade is very important for the final result, especially for gray hair. The first toning is recommended to make a specialist who will select the appropriate color based on the wishes of the client.
Best of all on gray hair look tonics pearl, ashen, pastel colors. If there is little gray hair, then the tool can be matched a couple of tones darker than the natural color of the hair. The tool will hide gray hair and revive the overall tone of the hair.
Buying tinting tools on your own you need to carefully study the shade table, it’s good if it comes with samples. The tool should be indicated that it is able to paint over gray hair.
You can use drugs to neutralize the yellow shade on bleached curls (widely used by blondes). The hue after this remedy will be light silver.
Light soft means of gray hair do not paint over, therefore, recommend intensive cosmetic products.
Balsams can be selected depending on the initial color of the curls: if the graying hair was blond, then shades of milk chocolate, graphite, platinum blond (Tonic balsams and others) will do. With significant gray hair should keep the tool for at least 30 minutes. Blondirovannye strands with gray hair will be painted in smoky-pink, pale yellow tones, and a completely gray head can be toned with pink pearls, pearly, amethyst shades, smoky topaz.
Hue is selected depending on the intensity and saturation of the expected color of the hair. It is not recommended to use for toning gray hair blue, blue, purple and purple, you can achieve an unpleasant result. Girls can afford such tones, while older women can only emphasize their age and skin imperfections. Such an image will look ridiculous and ugly.
It will take:
- comb with a rare step,
- brush or brush for applying tonic
If instructions are attached to the product, it should be strictly followed. If not, then The standard order is:
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo, treat your hair with a suitable balm or conditioner.
- Clean hair a little dry, wetting with a towel. Completely dry.
- The selected tinting compound is applied with a brush or brush. This should be done quickly so that the coloring is uniform.
- Spread the composition over the entire length of the strands.
- To sustain the time specified in the instruction, rinse with running water. Wash off the product to the full transparency of the water.
- If strands are damaged in some places, after toning, use a balm-conditioner or a mask for damaged curls.
- To achieve a more saturated color or a darker shade, you can perform the procedure again, it does not harm your hair.
Council It is not necessary to apply toning shampoos on dry hair, as they are very quickly attached to the curls, and where the paint was applied in the first place, you can get brighter or darker areas. Gels and mousses, on the contrary, are applied on dry strands, unless otherwise specified in the instructions.
The effect depends on the intensity of the product - from a week to several months. Correction is carried out as needed (tint grown roots or enliven washed-out color), tinting compounds are practically harmless to the hair, so you can not be afraid to spoil the hair structure by frequent use of tonics.
In conclusion, it remains to add that Radical painting of gray hair in dark or bright colors does not provide balsams, shampoos, foams, and other tinting agents. Some give only a short-term effect, others last longer, but may not be so noticeable on gray hair.
However, if you spend a little time experimenting, choosing the right color and brand of tonic, this can be a great way to keep your hair in order, neat and well-groomed. It works with tinting of growing gray hair roots, and with tinting hair along the entire length. This method is quick, safe, inappropriate color is easy to wash off.
Hide and prevent graying hair will help:
More tips, ways and means of gray hair can be found on our website.
Fast toning gray hair at home.
Coloring gray hair bezammiachnoy paint.
The advantages and disadvantages of toning
Of the benefits are the following points:
- Minor damage to the hair structure in comparison with staining with permanent paints,
- Easy washing off of coloring agents, which is ideal for women who like to experiment with the color of their hair,
- The absence of a clearly visible border between the colored part of the hair and the roots,
- Additional strengthening and nutrition due to various vitamin supplements, which are contained in some toning compositions,
- Giving a rich color and shine to hair.
The disadvantages of the procedure include:
- Possible allergic reaction to components of the coloring agent
- The need for regular hair tinting to maintain color, as the dye is quickly and easily washed out,
- The possibility of changing the shade of only 2-3 tones, that is, a radical change in hair color is impossible.
Toning dark hair
For owners of dark hair, there are several options for coloring, one of which is the use of only one shade.
If you want to improve the condition of your hair, special attention should be paid to shampoos that you use. A frightening figure - in 97% of shampoos of famous brands are substances that poison our body. The main components, due to which all the troubles, on the labels are designated as sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, coco sulfate. These chemicals destroy the structure of the hair, the hair becomes brittle, lose elasticity and strength, the color fades. But the worst thing is that this filth enters the liver, heart, lungs, accumulates in the organs and can cause cancer. We advise against using the means in which these substances are located. Recently, experts of our editorial staff conducted an analysis of sulfate-free shampoos, where the first place was taken by funds from the company Mulsan Cosmetic. The only manufacturer of all-natural cosmetics. All products are manufactured under strict quality control and certification systems. We recommend to visit the official online store mulsan.ru. If you doubt the naturalness of your cosmetics, check the expiration date, it should not exceed one year of storage.
For girls with dark blond or brown hair, purple, reddish and dark brown tonal means will suit. Copper-colored paints look great on light brown hair.
Another way to tint dark hair involves the use of several shades. To do this, you should pre-lighten (trace) individual curls. With
If you want to add darker strands to your own color, you can do without highlighting.
An experienced master will easily select 2-3 tones close to natural shades, thanks to which the natural hair color acquires several harmonizing highlights. You can toned both wide and thin strands that will create a more elegant play of shades.
When toning dark hair, it is important to take into account their structure and original color, since it depends on these parameters how the paint will fall. Best of all look the tones close to natural color. It is also worth noting that to make a dark hair lighter with tinted colors will not work. First, you need to lighten the hair and only after that hold toning.
Toning hair after highlighting
When highlighting (lightening), the natural pigment of the hair is destroyed, which leads to their weakness, dryness and thinning. However, this condition can be fought. Professional hairdressers recommend hair toning after highlighting. The keratin in the composition of tint preparations strengthens damaged curls and slightly smoothes the negative effect of lightening. Protein and wax give the hair a stunning shine and smoothness.
That is, toning hair after highlighting helps not only to change and correct the color, but also is an excellent caring procedure. Another reason why staining with tonal means is indicated is the appearance of ugly yellowness after the application of brightening powders.
You can carry out the procedure not only at the hairdresser, but also at home. To do this, use special shampoos and hair rinses, which are recommended to use at least several times a week.
Toning hair at home
To tint hair at home, you need to choose a quality and not the cheapest coloring composition.
The actual procedure is as follows:
- Study the enclosed instructions and test for an allergic reaction by dropping a microdose of the drug on the skin of the wrist or behind the ear,
- Wear an apron and disposable gloves to protect against paint ingress. To prevent unwanted staining of the neck, forehead and ears, you can apply a rich cream to the indicated places,
- Pour a small amount of funds on the palm and spread evenly over the entire length of the hair or individual strands that are planned to shade,
- Carefully comb the hair after applying all the paint and gently massage the head,
- To sustain the time indicated on the package,
- Wash off the tint with water without using shampoo.
Hair toning is a simple, relatively inexpensive and effective procedure that helps to get amazing results even at home.
Features of coloring gray hair
Dyeing gray hair is a rather complicated process, all of whose problems are associated with certain features of their structure. The usual change in hair color is the reaction of the natural pigment melanin with the coloring matter. As a part of a gray hair, this pigment is simply absent. Its disappearance is most often associated with age-related changes and a decrease in the content of melanin.
Let's try to figure out what is the specificity or features of the coloring of gray hair:
- staining is better to produce in a color that is a couple of tones will be different from your natural,
- take into account the combination of the resulting shade with the skin tone of the face, so as not to reinforce certain defects,
- It is better to avoid excessively dark or bright colors, otherwise ugly contrast with the scalp and the effect of sparse hair will be created,
- regularly visit his master, without waiting until the gray roots become apparent.
To obtain the necessary result, you can use both professional and folk remedies, we will tell about them further.
Professional tools to combat gray hair
Professional methods of dyeing gray hair are a systematic approach based on a detailed study of the structure of the hair and the reasons for the disappearance of the pigment.
By chemical composition, the hair is a pure protein, the color of which gives the pigment melanin, the more, the darker the color. The absence of dye in the structure creates voids, because of which the hair becomes hard and rough. This causes difficulties associated with coloring - it is very difficult to achieve uniformity and long-term effect.
For dyeing gray hair is best to use a professional paint resistant, but there are some nuances that should be considered:
- the presence of a balm to restore the condition of the hair, giving it softness and elasticity, as well as contributing to a deeper penetration of the artificial dye,
- the need for preliminary preparation, which may be in the use of special formulations for "dressing" or in washing the head with alkaline soap, all these steps are necessarily indicated in the instructions for the paint,
- influence on the result of previous manipulations with hair - dyeing with the composition of another manufacturer, chemical perm, prolonged exposure to sunlight and the like.
Natural hair always has an uneven dyeing, because we are daily exposed to a mass of various external influences. When staining, it is desirable to leave the tips for later, because they absorb water much better, due to which they take on a different color much faster. For gray hair is very important.
We have become accustomed to such a ratio that we hardly notice the difference, especially since it looks very harmonious. Therefore, it is always possible to distinguish a wig from real hair, after looking closely, it is easy to see that the hair has the same color over the entire length and it looks very unnatural. That is why professionals will never darken the tips of the hair, but for the regrown roots this technique is still relevant.
If necessary, a little freshen up the color of the tips should not paint the entire head of hair, it is enough to process only the desired area and in any case do not overdo the paint. If the processing requires roots, then just as you need to apply paint to this area, and then comb it along the entire length and immediately wash it off with water. This technique will still give the opportunity to hide gray hair and ensure a smooth transition from the freshly processed area to the already painted one.
How to dye gray hair at home
It is quite possible to get rid of gray hair at home without the help of a specialist, but this requires great care and adherence to certain rules and algorithms.
Another important point - professional effective dyes for dyeing gray hair are very active.
You can often meet women of solid age with unnatural bright tones of curls - usually the result of home independent “work”, during which the elementary rules of “good tone” were not followed, which experts always adhere to:
- You should not strive to drastically change the color, especially if there are already regrown roots after the previous coloring. Such a task is difficult even for a professional. When working independently, the result can be completely unpredictable, and most likely negative (dirty spots, unnatural colors). It is better to refresh your tone a little, taking a shade a little lighter or darker.
- All sorts of tinting balms, shampoos, semi-permanent gentle paints will not produce the desired effect. To remove gray hair, you need to use only permanent permanent dyes.
- The secret to getting the optimal color is to mix the chosen shade with the color that matches your natural color in a 1: 1 ratio, which will create an almost ideal base for basic coloring. Thus, you will manage to avoid bright and unnatural shades.
- It is imperative to follow the instructions to the tool and not to show the wonders of amateur performance - all dilution procedures and aging periods should be as written. In no case should the prepared paint be left next time or even set aside for a while; the composition should be applied to the hair immediately.
We offer you a description of the dyeing technology used by professional stylists. Following all stages, you can achieve very spectacular and desirable results, even without outside help.
Dyeing always needs to start from the back of the head, because at the top of the skin the temperature of the skin is always a little warmer, so the reaction can proceed much faster. The paint should be applied directly to the root zone, breaking all the hair into sections. Special attention should be paid to the borderline of the hair of the face. Only after that the hair should be colored throughout the length, it is desirable to massage them and the roots in order to achieve a better penetration of the dye into the structure.
The paint should be enough, after applying the hair should literally “bathe” in the paint, then you can achieve a really good quality result. Another little trick - 5 minutes before washing off wet your hair and hold the paint a little more. Thus, by reacting an oxidizing agent in a paint with water, a more uniform and lasting color can be obtained. But you do not need to overdo it, 3 minutes is enough, otherwise you can spoil the hair, up to their abundant loss. After washing off the dye, apply a balm on the hair that comes with it. For everyday care, it is better to use a special shampoo for colored hair, which is much more careful with the pigment, then beautiful hair color will delight you much longer.
Coloring with natural dyes
Hair dyeing with gray hair can be carried out by natural folk dyes, which nature gives us. Many experts argue that such procedures will not bring results, but folk remedies have proven their effectiveness for centuries. Perhaps the effect of them will not be so fast and obvious, but such paints are much more careful about the hair and will not harm them.
The advantages of such safe and gentle paints for gray hair are strengthening the hair, restoring the health of the scalp and getting rid of dandruff.
But sometimes it is impossible to get rid of gray hair completely; they will give a very beautiful shade to your curls. The only significant drawback of natural dyes is that after them the application of conventional chemical compounds is impossible, the reaction will give completely unpredictable colors on your hair. The same result can be expected if you apply natural dyes to hair that has been chemically curled.
We offer you the most common and most effective hair dye with gray hair:
- Henna is a special kind of grass that copes with gray hair quite qualitatively, giving the hair a reddish tint. To make the coloring mix henna (3 tablespoons) and vegetable oil. Then add brewed tea and coffee (3-4 tablespoons) and leave the mixture to infuse for 12 hours in a warm place. Then apply it on the hair. Keep this paint should be up to 2 hours, after which it should be washed off with warm water. You can replace the oil with lemon juice.
- Basma is a dye on the basis of grass collection, which gives almost black color. Most often it is mixed with henna to get rid of the blue tint and get brown tones. You can mix ground coffee (5 tablespoons), henna (2 tablespoons) and basmu (1 tablespoon), add to the powder mixture one spoon of honey and olive oil. The mixture should be heated to a very hot state and applied to the hair, wrap them with a film and hold for 5 hours, add lemon juice to rinse into water.
- Walnuts - or rather, for coloring need green peel nuts. In order to get a beautiful chestnut color, mix half a glass of alcohol and 2 tablespoons of juice squeezed out of crusts. This paint is very effective for gray strands. Instead of an alcoholic solution, you can use the usual decoction of the peel in water (for one liter of water you will need 2 tablespoons of skins), boil the composition is necessary to concentrate the paint, the volume should be reduced to one third of the original.
- Coffee is a good dye for a small break in beautiful dark curls, but only if you use a natural drink, soluble has absolutely no value. It is enough to put a solution on the hair and hold for about an hour.
You can also try various combinations with chamomile, thyme, onion peel, sage.
Nevertheless, a positive result will be obvious - your hair will become healthy, beautiful and attractive.
It is better not to wash your hair before the dyeing procedure, except that you have applied styling products in large quantities. Even if you washed the curls, then pre-dry them. This paint is washed out faster, so you will have to paint more often, but as you already understand, it will not harm you.
Manufacturers began the production of industrial non-ammonia paints based on natural ingredients. They also contain much less peroxide, but the compositions are saturated with vitamin complexes. Such a tool will not destroy the hair structure, will contribute to the preservation of moisture, improve blood circulation.
How to get rid of gray hair without staining?
Get rid of gray hair without the use of coloring means is possible only with the help of medical techniques. But this possibility exists only if the reason for the appearance of gray hair is a way of life. This requires an integrated approach:
- The use of lifestyle correction, the use of therapeutic drugs and
healthy lifestyle. Experts recommend to give up bad habits, start eating right, take vitamins and minerals, which contain large quantities of copper and zinc. Such an approach if it can not get rid of silver strands, then it will be able to slow down the process of their appearance exactly.
In any case, a rational lifestyle and a good mood are a guarantee of your attractive appearance, so we wish you to be less nervous and stay beautiful and young for a long time.
Tint hair shampoos
How to choose a tint shampoo? Many girls ask this question, we bring to your attention various brands of tinted shampoos.
Shampoo is very popular today among the majority of girls. It allows, without much tension and harm to the hair, to give the curls a beautiful shine and a new shade. Modern innovative composition suitable for blondes, brunettes, brown-haired women and red-haired girls. Tint shampoo does not damage the hair structure, as it lays a thin nutrient film on their surface. In addition, this tool does not contain ammonia and various oxidizing agents. If you decide to use a tinting shampoo, prepare your hair in advance: soak it beforehand and blot it with a towel so that it is wet.
Shampoo with tint effect: what is it for?
In fact, the tint effect shampoos are designed to revitalize the girl's own natural hair color. When applying shading shampoo, do not expect that it will radically change the shade of your hair. First of all, it restores them, gives shine and new power. Proteins, microelements and vitamins are often included in its composition.
If you are in doubt whether a certain shade of shampoo will suit you, use the coloring of the back of the head: having dried your hair, you can compare the final result and select the most optimal one.
Shading means for hair: features of use
If you are blonde blonde, then apply a lightening shampoo, then your hair will get a beautiful sunny shade. For brunettes perfect tinted shampoo, allowing you to revitalize your hair, and give them a gorgeous shine. A classic brown-haired woman, after using fine-tinted shampoos, will be able to show off a beautiful copper color. A rich shade will give a beautiful reddish tint to brown-haired women: at the same time, the more you hold the product, the brighter the result will be.
If you have gray hair, shampoo does not help much: the shade of gray hair can become even more noticeable.
In general, shampoo for gray hair will paint no more than 30% of gray locks. But brunettes with gray hair can get interesting reddish locks that were gray in color. Professionals recommend using tinted shampoos for stylish highlighting.
Remember that after using henna tinted shampoo can bring a surprise to your hair: the result can be very strange. Your hair will become variegated, or it will be difficult to recognize them at all. Henna is a natural dye, it is absorbed deep into the hair, after which it is not easy to get rid of it.
If you decide to become a passionate brunette, think carefully. Black color is not every girl. And if in the future you plan to return to the beautiful blond hair, then you are mistaken. Back to the beautiful light hair is unlikely to succeed. Black shampoos wash out badly, so you can only return gradually to your usual tone.
Do not rush to apply tinted shampoo for bleached hair or hair after a perm. You should wait at least 2 weeks, because otherwise you have the risk of becoming the owner of greenish or brown hair.
Original color and shampoo: which shade to choose
All tinted shampoos are divided into dark, light, red and chocolate. In order to get a beautiful and clean shade on blond hair apply purple pigment. It allows you to compensate for the "yellowness." But if you overdo the product, the hair may become an ugly ashen color.Experts recommend that blondes choose shampoos with a tint effect with cornflower extract. The color of this shampoo will be amazing! Although the cost is certainly higher in comparison with other means. If you apply a light shading shampoo on blonde hair, they will have a beautiful sunny shade.
When choosing a shade you need to rely on the original hair color
Brunettes will get luxurious shine and silkiness if they buy a shampoo for dark hair. "Titian", "copper" will add to the brunette reddish notes. To obtain a more saturated red color, a cosmetic product is used for a longer time.
If you want to emphasize the natural shine and natural beauty of your hair, then choose a tint shampoo for hair of golden shades. The duration of the procedure should be only a few minutes; you should not overdo it.
Orange and reddish highlights can be acquired by girls with any skin, especially they are suitable for pink and cool skin. For the dark and olive color of the skin to choose shampoo somewhat problematic.
Many manufacturers offer products exclusively for brunettes. You can easily experiment and choose the shades you like.
Having tried means on several strands, you will be convinced, it goes to you or not. In any case, you will receive good care and a brand new color. These types of shampoos are well suited for highlighting and you will easily and easily add new stylish shades to your strands!
How to apply tinting shampoo for maximum effect
First, get your hair wet. Using gentle massage movements, apply the product onto the hair, paying special attention to the entire length of the strands. Do not rub it into the scalp, shampoo dyes hair only on the surface of the hair.
How long to wait after applying a tinted shampoo? First: repeat the procedure twice. After the first application, leave it again for a few minutes. Find out how much time has passed to know about the duration of the second application. Then repeat the procedure. If applying the shampoo is not long, the effect will also be minimal.
All information related to the application of shampoo and the time of its use should be read on the box or in the instructions.
You should not wait for some special result: with each shampooing the hair color will wash out and dull. After 5-10 washing procedures, the hair color will be the same.
Best Tint Shampoo
How to choose the most suitable option for shampoo? First of all, pay attention to the country of the manufacturer: in many countries, certification in production is not required. In particular, this is Turkey and Russia. This is used by many manufacturers: potassium and sodium are used quite often. They penetrate the hair structure, accumulating in the hair and throughout the body.
The best tinted shampoos are from Europe. There, no one uses heavy metal salts in the manufacture of such products. But useful natural ingredients and extracts will help gently care for hair during dyeing. Natural pigments will create a thin film on the surface of the hair, and do not harm them at all.
Pay attention to Ph cosmetic. It should be equal to 5.5 - 6. Laureth magnesium sulfate, unlike sodium lauryl sulfate, will help your hair to shine not only with new shades of shades, but also with a healthy shine.
Remember that expensive products will bring more effect. In turn, cheap tinted shampoos can cause unpleasant effects and unpredictable consequences! And finally, I would like to note: do not be afraid of experiments! These shampoos are good because they are washed off easily, and you can change the color of curls without harm to the condition of the hair. To wash off the newly acquired shade, several shampooing procedures will suffice. A wide palette of shades and brands of tinted shampoos will allow you to choose the best option for you!
Popular toning techniques
Salon toning of gray hair can be divided into several types:
- Intense. It is performed by means of the addition of ammonia. The resulting effect will delight no longer than 2 months. But he has one minus - the harmful effects on the structure of the hair. With the help of the dye is carried out clarification, highlighting and coloring.
- Gentle. Keeps the received shade to 1 month. Apply compounds that do not contain aggressive substances.
- Light. Hue will stay on the strands for no longer than 1 week. For painting use toning sprays, mousses, gels or tinting shampoos.
Toning products are not able to completely remove gray hair. They can only give blond hair a shade. For short hair use golden or ashy shades.
After the procedure, the curls will get the effect of highlighting. If you use dark tones, then gray hair will become more pronounced.
For medium and long
When toning long and medium hair with gray hair exist certain features:
- To carry out painting in color which on several tones differs from natural.
- Take into account the combination of the received tone with a skin tone of the face. This will distract from certain defects.
- Avoid excessive dark and bright colors. Otherwise, an ugly contrast with the scalp and the effect of sparse hair will be created.
- Paint regularly, without waiting for the roots to become visible.
When the gray hair does not completely cover the head, then choose a tinting agent for 1-2 tones darker than the natural color.
Graying women can use shampoo, which serves to neutralize the yellowness on bleached curls. After applying such a shampoo, hair becomes a silvery shade. But to give the hair blue and purple tones are not worth it, as the aging Malvina looks ridiculous.
Technique performing toning on gray hair
You can perform toning at home, but only with a properly selected shade.
- Wear gloves and a cape on clothes. Treat the skin around the forehead, temples with a fat cream. This makes washing the paint quick and easy.
- Carefully wash your hair and dry the curls. As soon as they become a bit wet, apply a tinting compound on them, carefully spreading it over the entire length of the curls.
- After applying, comb the strands with a wooden comb with wide teeth. This will evenly distribute the toning composition of the hair.
- After the time specified in the instructions, wash off the paint with plenty of water. Wash off the composition until the water is clear.
It is not recommended to carry out toning on hair that was previously colored with henna. Just when in contact with her toning composition does not give the shade that a woman wants. So when staining with henna will have to refrain from tinting for several months.
Toning gray hair is a great opportunity to mask it and not harm the curls. But in this case it is important to choose the right shade. Since it is necessary to disguise gray hair as much as possible, only light colors will do, dark ones will make gray strands more expressive.
What paint and color is better to choose?
If the gray hair on the head is not much, the tonic can completely dye them. With a large number of gray hair, only partially hides its presence. For the best effect, you need to choose a tool for 1-2 tones darker than the natural hair color.
To understand whether the tone is suitable, you need to look at the package with paint, there, in most cases, there is a photo of the shade that should turn out.
To choose a quality tool, it is important to look at its components. Regular tonic does not contain ammonia, oxidizing agents and other aggressive ingredients. The composition of a good tonic necessarily include:
- herbal extracts, which are the coloring pigment,
- oils that strengthen hair.
In beauty salons they rarely use only tonic for painting gray hair, it is usually combined with semi-permanent paints. At home, you need to follow certain rules of staining, to obtain a positive result:
- Before applying the tonic, it is better to wash the hair and leave it slightly moist.
- Familiarize yourself with the instructions of the chosen means, take into account its features during the procedure.
- Starting from the roots to distribute the tonic along the entire length of the strands, make sure that there is no unevenly applied product. You can comb your hair with a plastic comb with sparse teeth, which you can’t ruin. So it will be seen where the paint is better laid, where it is worse.
- To sustain the amount of time specified in the instructions. If it is recommended to rinse the product immediately, keep on hair no more than 5-7 minutes.
- Rinse the head thoroughly with water until it ceases to be muddy and apply hair balm. It is possible to use shampoo if dyeing was carried out with toning paint.
What to expect after toning?
As already mentioned, toning will not give a lasting effect in general, and with gray hair the paint is washed off even faster. It is possible that you will need to repeat the procedure once a week, but if it is not recommended in the rules for using the funds, then you should not risk it.
In the case of a large number of gray hair, the resulting shade may differ from that indicated on the packaging.
How to avoid mistakes?
- For any selected agent may be allergies caused by individual intolerance to the components. Therefore, before the procedure is necessary to conduct a test.
Apply a little tonic on wrist or elbow bend, wait 30-40 minutes. With the appearance of redness and irritation, use the tool is not worth it.
Stop choosing toning is, if in the first place is the preservation of healthy hair and do not mind the frequency of repetitions of the procedure for tinting gray strands and giving them the desired shade.
Types of tinting products
It is better that the first tint was carried out by a specialist who understands all the subtleties and can offer a suitable tool. All that is used for this can be divided into groups - temporary and gentle, light and resistant.
Here are the types of time tonics that are washed away a couple of times:
- coloring pens,
- mascara hair
Those who are not afraid to permanently change the image, you can use henna for hair.
Dark color curls attached mask with coffee. After reading this material, you will understand how to make it at home and how to apply.
A gray hair will look better if you make vitamin masks for it.
Together with the appearance of gray hair in your hair, you can see how bald spots appear in them. Correct the situation with masks with red pepper.
Masks with bread will help revitalize the hair. Here we have collected the most useful recipes with available ingredients.
Curls, painted with pencils or crayons, become dull after the first wet. After using them, the tips will require extra care.
For gentle tonics include:
- homemade - walnut shells or oak bark (brunettes), cinnamon (brown), chamomile (for clarification).
- basma and henna - paint curls in black and red color. These coloring tools used in the 19th century.
One staining with temporary tonics lasts for 7-30 days, after which the procedure can be repeated if desired.
Light tonics stay on the strands for about a week:
- tinting shampoos,
- tint balms.
These funds differ from time tonics in that they do not dry hair. They do not contain ammonia, which means there will be no harm. Some formulations contain vitamin supplements and have a regenerating effect.
Resistant tonics are special paints, which sometimes include an oxidizing agent. With moderate use, they do not harm the strands, and the color lasts 1.5-2 months.
Choosing a tonic for gray hair, you need to make sure that it is designed for them, this information is indicated on the packaging. Lightweight materials are not suitable for gray hair, therefore it is necessary to use more intensive formulations.
Features of technology
Funds for toning will not be able to remove gray hair completely. In the case of the use of dark tones, after the regrowth of the roots, it will become even more pronounced.
To hide gray hair on medium or long strands, it is necessary to apply intensive toning. On short hair will look great ashy or golden shades. After the procedure, they will receive the effect of highlighting.
For coloring strands of medium length and below the shoulders, you need to choose colors that differ by 1-2 tones from natural. It is necessary that the final shade is in harmony with the skin tone.
To eliminate the effect of rare curls should be avoided too bright or dark colors.
Toning should be carried out only on healthy hair. Before starting the procedure, depending on the type of product chosen, it is necessary to prepare a towel, disposable gloves, a comb with sparse teeth, a plastic or glass bowl, a brush. Before applying a woman to try the tool on a small area.
- Wash your hair and slightly dry the strands with a towel.
- On the forehead and other areas of the skin where the paint may fall, apply a greasy cream to make it easier to wipe off the composition if necessary.
- Apply tinting composition over the entire length of the hair. To obtain a uniform color, it should be done quickly.
- Withstand the paint as much as indicated in the instructions (on average, from 2 to 20 minutes).
- Wash your head under running water. Rinse tonic should be until the water becomes transparent.
- If toning is carried out on gray hair, the composition for coloring must be applied twice. The second time should stand it for 3-5 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- If the curls are damaged, it is necessary to use a special mask or a balm-conditioner.
Women should apply mousses and gels on dry strands, and toning shampoos should be applied on wet ones, as they are instantly fixed on the hair and the areas on which the paint is laid in the first place may turn out to be darker or brighter.
The result of the procedure
Toning will not give a lasting effect.
Re-painting a woman can be done every month, but in order that the shade of hair always remains bright - every 2 weeks. The more often you apply a tint to your hair, the brighter and richer the hair color will become.
For gray hair, a woman needs to repeat the procedure at least once a week, if it is not prohibited by the instructions for the particular agent. If there are a lot of them on the head, the result of toning may differ from the one stated on the package.
So that the color lasts as long as possible, you should avoid swimming in the pool without a cap and a long stay in the sun.
An expert in the field of coloristics shares his secrets of painting gray hair in this video:
For those who want to look beautiful, but are not ready to risk the health of their hair, non-ammonia means for toning hair will become a loyal assistant. If you choose them correctly for dyeing and apply them by all the rules, the strands will always look great.Depending on the mood, you can change the color.
What is hair tinting
Toned hair - is to treat them with a special solution, which does not include ammonia, that is, the painting technology is more gentle in comparison with resistant paints. Tonic penetrates shallowly into the structure of the curl, does not change its molecular formula, but only firmly fixed on the surface, creating the desired tone. For this reason, the tonic is quickly washed off and harmless to the strands.
Toning blond hair
To give a beautiful shade to light curls, you first need to determine your color type: warm or cold. Women with light strands of cold shade should pay attention to the tonic pearl, silver, wheat, ashy or smoky tone. Toning of light brown hair of a warm type will be more successful if the dye is of the following color:
- shade of "golden nut".
Black hair toning
To tint black hair, it is not necessary to make fashionable coloring in the style of ombre or balazhij. Ammonia-free balms perfectly emphasize the depth of the natural color, give saturation and healthy glow. For black curls in Estelle and Londa color palettes you need to pay attention to these shades:
- Chestnut - suitable for women with a beautiful brown shade of hair.
- Red copper is ideal for those who want to give a beautiful copper glow to the curls.
- Bordeaux and eggplant - add to the main color fashionable purple and red hues.
Red hair toning
Neither in the salon, nor at home, the red color will not change drastically. The problem lies in the dense pigment of natural hair, which, even through several layers of ammonia-free balm, will manifest itself after the first washing of the head. The maximum that will give toning red hair:
- It will shade the natural color, make it fresh and bright. Pay attention to these tones: copper-gold, mahogany, red copper, cinnamon.
- Make a colorless staining to restore the structure. To carry out a similar procedure is possible only in a barber shop or salon.
Tinted bleached hair
For toning blond hair, experts recommend choosing a paint that is close to natural shades:
- Blondes with a warm color of curls should choose the means of golden shades: caramel or champagne.
- Cold shades emphasize smoky, pearl, silver or wheat dye tonics.
- To evenly distribute color after highlighting, experts recommend toning strands with a mixture of several tonics similar to the color used in highlighting.
Toning blond hair
Most of all lucky owners of natural light brown curls. They can not only shade their natural color, but also drastically change their image in just a few steps with the help of toning agent:
- Tinted shades of chestnut, caramel or chocolate hue will help to dye the blonde out.
- After the highlighting, it is possible to make the blond curls shine with a wheat, ashy or smoky color.
- Toning blond hair with balms or shampoos similar in color to natural shampoos will help restore shade after bleaching or prolonged exposure to the sun.
- How to tint the hair after lightening? It is worth trying paints that differ by 1-2 tones from the natural shade.
How to make hair tinting at home
The procedure of temporary dyeing is so simple that you can spend toning hair at home. To do this, you must strictly adhere to these recommendations:
- Carefully wash your hair with shampoo, but do not apply a balm or a mask.
- Dilute the tinting agent in a plastic bowl. Brush applied over the entire length.
- It is necessary to hold the paint from 10 to 25 minutes, depending on the desired result.
- After the procedure, the curls must be washed in warm water, without using detergents.
In order to achieve an optimal result before toning your hair at home, you should stop using henna or basma a few months before the procedure. It is not necessary to experiment with color even when the tips split, and the hairs themselves are too thin and fragile. It is better to feed them with masks, firming balms and conditioners a few weeks before toning, and to cut off split ends.
Tinted hair dye
Today, the market can find a lot of tonics, similar in composition and principle of action. Their main difference is price and quality. Professional hairdressers-colorists recommend always to give preference to well-known and proven brands. They can either be selected from the catalog, inexpensively purchased from an online store, or ordered from a hair care product store. A summary table of prices will help determine the choice.
Choosing the best paint
If you think what color and shade of hair will be better for brown eyes, consider also your color type. Girls with fair skin suitable painting in red color. You can use any shades: from light honey to red copper. The main thing is that there are not a lot of freckles or any reddening on the face, otherwise they will be strongly taken in the eyes.
Knowing how henna color strands, you can easily achieve the desired shade. If you do not want to experiment, stop at the usual paint. Also, light skin is successfully combined with chestnut or cognac shade. Owners of dark skin are recommended “cherry”, “red wine”, chocolate ”,“ eggplant ”.
Caramel, honey, light brown, wheat tones will suit girls with blue eyes and fair skin. They are perfectly combined with bright eyes. Ladies with dark skin should choose a cognac shade, all kinds of tones of red, light chestnut, light walnut. Also it will look good platinum, ashen, chocolate, dark brown color.
If you have gray-blue eyes, then when choosing a hair color that will be better combined with a general image, you also need to take into account the skin. Dark or golden skin looks great with the following shades: coffee, warm chocolate, bronze, honey blond, copper-red, golden brown, golden blond. Light skin suitable pearl or ashy blond, dark or light brown, ash brown color, coffee, black.
The owners of green eyes and fair skin fit light or dark blond. If you have dark skin, and you think what hair color would be best for bright green eyes, stop at a wheat, smoky, honey, light or natural brown-haired, dark blond. Also see if your hair color is pink blond.
How to hide gray hair
For women over 50 years old with gray hair, the question arises in what color is best to dye your hair. If you do not paint over gray hair, it will look very non-aesthetic and spoil the overall image. Hide this flaw will help the color of the blond with the exception of beige and ashen blond. These shades make your face dull and gray.
All other blond tones look great on adult ladies. But it is best to give preference to a wine or honey-colored blond. They advantageously set off the face, visually hide its flaws.
After 50 years you should not use unnaturally red and maroon tones. They do not combine with mature age. If you want to dye in a slow shade, you should choose a natural tone: copper-chestnut or copper-blond. If you think what color is the most popular today, it is better to dye your gray hair, forget too dark shades. Dark chestnut blue black and black visually increase the number of facial wrinkles. They also add a few years, which is completely useless.
If you do not want to give up the dark color, but do not know what shade is better to dye a large amount of gray hair, choose the shade that is 1-2 tones lighter than your natural one. For example, a great option would be natural chestnut, light chestnut, maple tone. They will make your face shine.
House Paint Tips
In order not to think what kind of remover you can better and quickly wash off the black color from your hair, think a few times before dyeing yourself. An unsuccessful procedure hurts the strands, and you still have to go to a professional to correct your mistakes. If you are confident in your skills, so dare to paint at home, you will need:
- oxidizing agent,
- glass or ceramic bowl,
- cape on the shoulders
When you choose the most popular or liked hair color, it is important to choose a quality paint. Do not save if you want to get a luxurious result.
- Mix the composition.
- Apply it to the roots, then paint over the rest of the length.
- Gently comb the strands, wait for the time specified in the instructions, wash off the composition with shampoo.
When choosing a dye, you need to take into account that an ordinary mass market is more convenient for home use. Preparing the composition of professional paints is more difficult, because you need to know how much oxidant you need to add, and what concentration it should be.
Proper care of your hair
If you choose which hair color will look better: brown or black, it's time to take care of the right care. To keep the color saturated, wash your hair only if necessary. Preferably no more than once every two days. It is recommended to use cool water.
When, after an unsuccessful highlighting or monochromatic painting, you decide what color it is best to dye your hair, be sure to use toning shampoos. They help maintain shade, give hair shine. Also on the shelf in the bathroom there must be a high-quality moisturizing mask, as the coloring dries the hair.
Whatever paint you do not dyed your hair chocolate color, in the summer the best care will be protection from the sun's rays. Wear hats and use special sprays that do not allow the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays.
Lamination is also an excellent procedure. It not only protects the hair from burning out, but also moisturizes them, nourishes with useful substances. Lamination is recommended to do immediately after the painting procedure and repeat it once every 3-4 weeks.
If you like it - share with friends:
Alpha Homme Foam
Alpha Homme foam is an innovative Estel product that allows you to completely change your image in 10 minutes. The lineup includes all shades in a palette of natural color. Made by means of foam. It is quickly applied to the hair. Apply a tool recommended for toning mustache and beard. Foam does not leave marks on the body. According to the manufacturer, the color is not gray hair will not change.
Men Perfect Gel
Men Perfect gel is a novelty from Schwarzkopf, in the palette of 6 natural shades (you can choose the one that suits you). In the package is a gel, showing emulsion. Means must be mixed, thoroughly shaken, after which an applicator should be put on the bottle, which is attached to the gel. With this applicator you can easily apply the product to dry hair.
If the product gets on the skin, it is better to immediately wipe it off with a damp cloth. The natural color, according to the manufacturer, should last up to 20 shampoos.
Of course, before using any means, I would like to hear what others think of him. As it turned out, the means intended for men are often used by women, assessing their quality, durability, and ease of use. Review of shampoo Kapous Professional Life Color:
I bought the “Kapous” shampoo to make the hair color brighter and more lively, because I hadn’t painted my hair for a long time. I want to share my impressions about this product. Of course, it will not replace the paint, as it simply gives shade to hair, but does not make it lighter and darker, but between staining it is a very useful thing! Hair began to look livelier, brighter and better! Specially took the shade "Red garnet", as it appears on the hair brighter than all. Washed off after 4-5 times washing hair, I use it for every fourth time. I keep it for 30-40 minutes so that the shade is clearly visible. I use after washing with ordinary shampoo before applying the balm. My hands get a little dirty, so I advise you to apply shampoo with gloves on. In general, I advise! Good luck!
Schwarzkopf tinted gel received mixed reviews.
The color lasts 3-4 weeks, if you wash your hair almost every day. Gray hair gradually becomes lighter and returns to its original color. I can say that the hair does not spoil, while applying a slightly stinging head, but tolerable. I want to note that this dye is not resistant, and therefore does not guarantee one hundred percent prokras. This is just a light toning for male gray hair without the effect of “dyed hair”. Of the minuses the most terrible, this is a noticeable hair loss, maybe not so much at all, but scary. I do not recommend this dye, at least because of this. Well, even because of the price: just over 400 p.
At 55, he became noticeably gray. Not that it really annoys me, but still, no, no, and I want to look at myself and not notice gray hair. Shoveled a bunch of info on the Internet decided to try this tool. Firstly, without ammonia, secondly, it is easy enough to find it in chain stores. I have blond hair and in theory should have taken the color number 40, but after reading the reviews I stopped at 70. And I got to the point. The result was a natural light brown color. A bit of gray looked through, but for my age it looked very normal. But recently in Magnet there were good discounts, but only 80 and 90 of the flowers were on sale. I bought 80, which turned out to be in the video. Closer to the black color, but it went well, gray hair is not visible at all. Now about the application. I like. Quick, easy. Mixed, inflicted, 5-10 minutes, washed away and it's done. I have two months on my head, the pillows do not stain. Generally completely satisfied.