Mandatory procedure for every woman is daily hair care at home. Quickly tidy hair can be in the salon, but such procedures are expensive. It is very easy to maintain the health and beauty of your hair yourself, if you know the basic rules of care and stick to them day after day.
Daily care will make your hair look strong and healthy.
The structure of the hair and its structure: straight and curly (curly) curls
In order to understand the principle of the effect of caring means, it is necessary to consider the structure of the hair. It consists of the following parts:
- Follicle and bulb. This is the base of the hair, from here begins its growth and form. A standard round straight follicle produces straight strands, and an offset oval gives curls. The bag contains the bulb, nourishes it and protects against negative effects.
- Kernel. Protein in its structure, determines the strength of the hair. Contains cortical cells.
Do not comb wet hair, so as not to injure them
- Melanin. Pigment setting the hair color. Due to the change in its quantity, the principle of coloring and clarification works.
- Cuticle. Top flake covering the core like scales. Smooth and properly laid scales create brilliance and smoothness.
In order for the hair to be healthy, it is important to provide nutrition to the bulb and prevent damage to the outer parts. Lack of vitamins and moisture leads to delamination and fragility of the rod, loss of the bulbs and the death of the follicles.
Basic rules for the best care for a haircut: tips masters
In order to prevent destructive processes, it is necessary to maintain cleanliness, nourishment and hydration of the hair.
You can use nutritious masks to add health to your locks.
Sprays and other skin and hair care products
Proper home care includes the following guidelines:
- Wash your head when it is contaminated with a suitable tool
- After shampoo, use a balm to smooth the cuticle scales and restore the acid-base balance.
- Use soft water or neutralize the effects of a hard tap.
- Do the scalp massage, movements should be smooth, of moderate strength.
- Use cool wash water to maintain shine and balance sebum production.
- Do not comb wet hair, so as not to injure them when they are most vulnerable. Use a large comb.
Scalp massage also contributes to healthy strands.
Try to less often use gels and varnishes, paint with aggressive compositions, model hairstyles with the help of hot tools.
For combing curls with a balm applied on them, use a comb with a wide tooth
It is necessary to give your hair a rest after a tight hairstyle or tight headgear. Massages and masks are the best way to restore the lost health of the strands.
Professional care for dyed hair at home: effective recipes for growth, split ends and not only hair
Components and their properties for use on hair of various types:
For oily hair fit kefir-based masks
- Fatty. Normalization of the sebaceous glands, removal of excess lubricant, refreshment. Mint, lemon, apple cider vinegar, kefir, horsetail, nettle, chamomile, horsetail, cosmetic clay, vodka, sea salt.
- Dry Moisturizing and nourishing, normalizing the production of lubricant, imparting elasticity and natural shine, softening. Chamomile, vegetable oils, egg yolk, aloe juice, honey, cream.
- Normal Maintain health, nutrition and shine, silkiness. Lemon, chamomile, honey, brandy, colorless henna, nettle.
Dry hair egg yolk will give shine and moisturize it
- With a fallout. Strengthening the hair follicles, nutrition, improving blood circulation. Burdock, nettle, oak bark, honey, oils, rosemary, yolk, cognac, onion juice and husk decoction, sea salt, rose oil.
- Dullness. Glowing and smoothing cuticle scales. Cognac, lemon, light oils, apple cider vinegar, black tea, chamomile, nettle, horsetail.
- Dandruff. Elimination of fungus, restoration of normal functioning of the sebaceous glands, treatment of the scalp. Sea salt, apple cider vinegar, tea tree, orange, lavender, burdock.
Burdock oil will get rid of dandruff
- Brittleness and split ends. Strengthening the bulb and hair shaft, nutrition, smoothing the cuticle, thickening of the structure of the strands, elasticity and firmness, strength. Yolk, honey, oils, lemon, honey, onion, rye bread crumbs, brandy, wine, henna, gelatin, oatmeal.
- Gray hair Slowing melanin leaching, color saturation. Lemon, black tea, nettle, honey, wine, cognac.
- Slow growth, loss of volume. Awakening of new follicles, acceleration of hair growth, thickening of the stem, normalization of the sebaceous glands, acceleration of blood circulation, intensive nutrition of the bulb, elasticity from the roots. Cognac, vodka, mustard, red pepper, oils, onions, sea salt, henna, honey, egg, burdock, nettle, castor oil, brewer's yeast.
Before using the mask it is necessary to check the allergic reaction on the crook of the elbow. Do not use aggressive components in the presence of injuries to the scalp.
The best way to intensify hair growth is oil tincture of burdock with pepper. You can buy it at the pharmacy or prepare it yourself.
1. Use shampoo for your hair type.
Regularly observing the ritual of washing the head, not all of us choose for him the means appropriate to his hair type. So, owners of greasy hair can use shampoos for dry and vice versa. It is very important to look at the labeling on the packaging of the product, so as not to harm the scalp and hair.
Shampoos for oily hair contain ingredients designed to regulate the activity of the sebaceous glands, to reduce the amount of sebum secreted so that the hair is beautiful and has a healthy glow. In the line for oily hair may contain plant extracts, vitamins, zinc.
If you use these products for dry hair, they will dry out your scalp, cause itching, redness and irritation, and make your hair brittle.
For dry hair, there are special lines with a corresponding mark. They contain nourishing, moisturizing and moisture-holding components - oils, panthenol, vitamins.
Normal hair line fit with the appropriate mark, not overloaded with nutrients and drying components.
2. If you dye your hair often, use a line for dyed hair.
In the process of dyeing, the hair scales are raised, through which the color is later washed away faster. The task of the shampoo and conditioner in this case is to smooth the scales in order to preserve the color for a longer time.
10 rules of hair care
With this front of work can only handle lines for dyed hair. They have a pH close to the pH of the scalp, contain polymers, proteins, sun protection factor that envelop the hair, smooth the scales, protect from the harmful effects of tap water and the sun. Experts recommend the use of special lines within two weeks after staining.
Useful oils and balms for a wave
For hair care necessarily used vegetable oils and essential extracts. They intensively nourish the strands, soften and smooth the cuticle. They are useful for all types of hair, but for heavy oils it is not recommended to use heavy, viscous components in large quantities.
Some species have an antiseptic effect, normalize the production of greasy grease, eliminate dandruff.
The following oils are considered the most useful and valuable:
- grape seed,
- apricot pits,
- shi (karite),
- wheat germ
- sea buckthorn
To enrich the masks, a few drops of essential oils are added to the shampoo or balsam.
For the care of strands, such varieties are especially valuable:
- the Rose,
- tea tree,
For regular care, it is enough to pick 3-4 base oils and 2-3 essential oils. The optimal combination: castor, olive and almond oil, lavender, rosemary and cloves.
Vitamins and supplements for dry, thin, oily, bleached, melirovanny hair
Home hair care should include not only outdoor products, but also internal exposure.
Clean the body of toxins, stop eating junk food, eliminate bad habits. Enter into the diet more vegetables and fruits. It is useful to eat porridge, in particular oatmeal and buckwheat. Disturbed metabolism - one of the causes of hair loss.
Additionally, food supplements and vitamins are used. In the autumn and spring, it is recommended to take a vitamin course. To do this, use:
- complex multivitamin cosmetics,
- Brewer's yeast,
- vitamins in capsules and tablets.
With brewer's yeast, you can make masks for nourishing dry strands and treating oily scalp.
It is better to take natural powder yeast, without additives.
Natural and proper care: masks, oils, serums and shampoos
Externally used enriched serum. You can also add vitamins in ampoules to cosmetics and homemade masks. Tablets and capsules will work too. Vitamins A (retinol), E (tocopherol) are especially useful for the hair, the whole group B. A and E are fat soluble, and B is water soluble. Of the latter, thiamine (B1), nicotinic acid (B3), pyridoxine (B6) and cyanocobalamin (B12) most affect healthy hair growth.
It is recommended not to mix them with each other, as they neutralize the action of each other. Injections are prohibited, the procedure can only appoint a specialist.
Internal cleansing of the body, external nutrition of the hair and scalp, proper care during washing and drying are the conditions for the growth of healthy strands and the absence of the need for expensive salon procedures.
4. Do not apply balsam conditioner, masks and hair oils on the roots
10 rules of hair care
All these tools are active nutrient medium. Caught on the roots, they contribute to clogging of the pores, violate the breathing of the scalp and, as a result, make the hair brittle. Balsams, oils and masks are recommended to be applied in a small amount from the tips to the middle - if the hair is thick and porous, and only at the ends - if it is thin and brittle.
Exceptions to the rules are products with a special mark - “applied to the roots of the hair and along the entire length.” As a rule, such marking is on reconstructing masks.
5. Observe the temperature conditions
10 rules of hair care
If you wash your head with hot or very warm water, this can lead to dire consequences. Such a temperature regime thinns the protective lipid layer and activates the sebaceous glands in the oily scalp. Accordingly, the hair will get dirty faster. Dry scalp hot water dries up, causing irritation.
The ideal temperature for water treatments is the body temperature - 36-37 degrees. After using the air conditioner, rinse your head with cool water. Such a contrast shower will smooth the hair cuticle, make the strands more docile.
6. Wash your hair on a schedule.
Some owners of greasy hairs write on the forums that frequent washing of the head provokes the release of sebum and makes the hair even more greasy, so you need to wash your hair 1-2 times a week.
However, it is not. The head should be washed as it is contaminated, without adhering to clear rules. The fact is that the sebum together with the styling means forms a film on the scalp. It clogs the pores, interfering with the normal circulation of oxygen and blood in the scalp, and this can contribute to thinning and hair loss.
7. Do not comb or wrap wet hair in a towel.
If the hair is wet, it becomes very fragile. Making careless movements comb, you can break the hair, disrupt its growth or even pull out the roots.
As for the towel turban, which many people so much like to wrap around on their heads after a shower, this is also an undesirable procedure: it disrupts blood circulation and skin breathing and can also contribute to brittle hair. After washing the strands, it is advisable to slightly squeeze out excess water, then wrap in a towel for a few minutes, and not walk with him for half an hour around the apartment.
10 rules of hair care
8. Do not use baby shampoos.
A new fashion trend is actively discussed at various forums. It concerns children's cosmetics - in particular, shampoos that are recommended for use by adults. “They make hair soft, ideal for sensitive scalp, do not cause irritation, do not contain harmful substances,” it is written in one of the messages.
True, forum members are not aware of some of the nuances. The level of acidity of an adult’s scalp differs from that of a child’s scalp; moreover, the substances contained in baby shampoos are not designed to wash adult’s hair. In addition, these funds will not protect painted strands from leaching of color. Adults are best to use cosmetics designed specifically for them.
9. Periodically massage the head.
You yourself can make your hair thick and healthy, if at least once a day, half an hour after a shower, you will do a head massage. This process accelerates blood circulation in the scalp, enhances nutrition and hair growth.
In circular motions begin to massage the head from the neck, from the place where the hair begins to grow, gradually moving all over the head.
Head massage is also considered banal combing. Comb your hair up to 5 times a day, less often wear tight bunches and pigtails, high tails - these hairstyles disturb blood circulation in the scalp.
10. Stay healthy
Of course, so that the hair was beautiful and healthy, you need to pay attention to your diet. Experts recommend adding to the menu:
Salmon. This product is enriched with protein and vitamin D, it contains omega-3 fatty acids - essential elements for healthy hair, which are its constituent. If you do not like salmon, you will find these ingredients in herring, sardines, trout, mackerel, avocado, and pumpkin seeds.
Walnuts. The storehouse of omega-3 fatty acids. They contain biotin and vitamin E, which protect skin cells from damage by the sun.Walnuts also contain copper - a mineral that helps to preserve the natural color of the hair, making it shiny.
Basic rules of daily hair care
To always look beautiful hair, you need to regularly care for them, especially if the strands are oily, dry, dyed and thin. In winter and autumn, hair requires special care. To preserve and maintain the natural beauty of hair, we recommend that you observe the following rules for home care.
- Wash your hair as needed with a suitable shampoo or other cleanser.
- Use soft water for washing and rinsing. Too hard water will make hair brittle, weak, their ends will split.
- Using hot and not warm water for washing and rinsing speeds up the production of sebum, which makes the strands fat. Tip: dry hair should not be washed and rinsed with hot water.
- Wash the scalp with gentle, gentle movements in order to avoid the increased production of sebum.
- Try not to keep your head wrapped in a towel for a long time, if possible, do not use a hair dryer to dry. The head should dry naturally.
Hair Mask Recipes
Women who care about their health, prefer to prepare their own masks: in contrast to the purchase of funds, the composition of home cosmetics are natural, safe for the scalp substances and components. In order to make the effect lasting, it takes 30-40 procedures, the intervals between which are two to three days.
Oily hair is in some cases a real problem. Besides the fact that they are quickly contaminated, oily dandruff also appears. In order for the strands to be an acceptable condition, it is necessary to constantly wash them, which is why they are only getting fatter. To give the curls a healthy look, it is impossible to do without the use of medical masks. Our advice: use a mask based on an alcohol solution of calendula flowers, you will be surprised and delighted with the result.
- Alcohol solution of calendula flowers - 40 grams.
- Soft water - 40 grams.
How to cook and apply
- Mix the alcohol solution and water.
- Apply a mass of 1 hour.
- Wash off.
- Procedures are repeated every other day for 4 weeks.
For thin and dry
Hair, characterized by dry and thin, hard to comb, so they do not always look beautiful. In order for them to be beautiful and silky, cosmetologists advise using a simple folk mask recipe. After using the mask, the hair will shine, their condition will significantly improve.
- Rice cereal, oat - 30 grams.
- Chicken yolk - 3 pieces.
- Olive oil - 30 grams.
- Soft water - 20 grams.
How to cook and apply
- Finely grind the flakes, mix with water until a slurry.
- Beat the yolks, mix them with a mushy mass, add olive oil.
- Mass mix.
- Apply, hold on the head for forty minutes.
- Wash, dry, comb.
- Use once every 7 days for no more than two months in a row.
Splitter oil for split ends
Split tips require care and special treatment, otherwise there is a risk of falling out and damage to the strands along the entire length. If the dry ends begin to split, we recommend castor oil. Castor oil is an extremely viscous oil that can penetrate the depth of the damaged hair, restoring it.
- To restore the tips of the former beauty and shape, trim them by 3-5 mm.
- Then treat with castor oil, after tying the tips into a bunch.
- Castor should be on the strands from 10 to 12 hours, it is convenient to leave the mask at night.
- In order to wash off the castor oil, you will have to try: from the first time it is unlikely to be washed.
- Use once every 7 days for no more than two months in a row.
If the strands are incorrectly dyed, burned, there is a chance that the hair will be clumped. There are also many other causes of baldness. But whatever the cause of baldness, one of the primary measures to stop this process is the use of a firming mask. We offer a simple, but effective way to stop hair loss.
- Yolk - one piece.
- Aloe juice - 50 grams.
- Honey - 15 grams.
- Linseed oil - 10 grams.
How to cook and apply
- Grind the yolk with honey.
- Add aloe juice and flaxseed oil to the mixture.
- Process mixture head.
- Wash off in an hour.
- In total, at least 30 procedures are needed with an interval of 2-3 days between them.
Many oils of plant origin improve hair growth, but if you use a combination of several types of oils, their effectiveness increases many times. In addition to growth, there is an improvement in their condition, a healthy shine appears - the main sign of healthy hair.
- Nettle infusion - 10 grams
- Castor, burdock oil - 10 grams.
- Juniper oil - 3 drops.
- Hot pepper - 1 piece.
How to use and apply
- Nettle brew in 100 grams of boiling water for half an hour, cool and strain.
- Finely chop the pepper, fill it with nettle extract.
- Add burdock, castor oil.
- Add essential oil.
- Heat the tincture, insist for 2 hours.
- Comb, rub in a massaging movement nourishing tincture of hair.
- Leave the mask for 20-30 minutes, wash your hair. Warning: eyes when washing need to close.
- In total, at least 30 procedures are needed with an interval of 2-3 days between them.
Despite the fact that the shortage of care products is not observed, many women prefer eminent and expensive brands of cosmetics with their own hand-made masks, balms and lotions made according to old, time-tested recipes. Such cosmetics contain mainly natural substances. There are such types of home cosmetics.
Home balm for colored hair
Every woman who decided to dye her hair should know that the dyeing procedure will inevitably worsen the condition of the strands. To restore the natural beauty and shine is recommended to use various care products. We offer an effective recipe for homemade balm.
- Purified water - 50 grams.
- Lemon juice - 25 grams.
- Burdock oil - 10 grams.
- Sasankwa oil - 20 grams.
- Gelatin - 10 grams.
- Wheat protein - 5 grams.
- Yeast extract - 10 drops.
- D-panthenol - 1 gram.
- Emulsifier (gyrosyl monostearate) - 15 grams.
- Ylang-ylang oil, sweet orange oil - 7 drops each.
Preparation and use
- Mix gelatin with 10 grams of water and lemon juice, let it brew for a quarter of an hour, mix well.
- Mix burdock oil and Sasankwa oil with an emulsifier, it is better to heat it up for a complete emulsifier.
- Heat the remaining 40 grams of water, add water to the mixture of emulsifier and vegetable oils.
- In the mixture of gelatin and lemon juice, add all other unused components, beat a good mixture.
- To this mixture, add a mixture of emulsifier and vegetable oils, fold the finished balm in the refrigerator.
- Apply a homemade balm to clean and damp hair, hold it on your head for up to ten minutes, wash it off.
- For long strands, we recommend doubling the number of ingredients.
Care for damaged and dyed hair
Damaged and dyed hair can not tolerate hot water, daily washing, dandruff shampoo and oily hair. The first thing these hairs need is moisture, just remember to protect them from ultraviolet radiation. Many base oils not only moisturize and nourish the hair, but also protect them, because have an SPF - factor. Only in case of protection, the oil should be used after washing on dry hair and in a minimum amount, apply 1-2 drops of oil on the comb and gently comb the hair.
Damaged hair has the same problems that dry and thin hair and care should be guided by the rules given for these types.
Broth for bleached hair
When bleaching any type of hair is severely damaged, to restore their former appearance, we advise blondes and blonde to apply homemade decoction. This simple tool is distinguished by its effectiveness, cheapness and availability of ingredients.
- Liter of boiling water.
- Dried chamomile flowers - 2 tbsp.
Preparation and use
- Pour boiling water over chamomile flowers.
- Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Cool, strain the broth.
- Use after shampooing.
Recently, the tips of my hair began to split. In order to get rid of the problem of split ends, I decided to use castor oil. Kastorka acted, the tips became healthy, ceased to split. Treatment with castor oil is best done with courses - 30 procedures each, which I did every other day. The lack of castor oil is one, but significant: it is hard to wash it off, it will have to be washed off with shampoo several times.
I have been dying my hair for a long time; over time, they look worse, although I changed the paint several times, trying to find the one that does less damage. After strong baldness began, I decided to use a balm for colored hair. It was easy to prepare the balm, although I was looking for some ingredients for a long time, but the effect was stunning: the balding stopped, the strands became shiny and beautiful.
How to choose a shampoo
First you need choose the right shampoo suitable for your hair type. It is important and crucial for proper hair care.
If you choose a new shampoo, then carefully read the annotation to the shampoo, study its composition and recommendations on the type of hair for which the shampoo is intended. It is better to choose a shampoo based on natural ingredients recommended for your hair type.
New shampoo selected, what next? Now you need to check the correctness of the choice, having spent the first washing of the head and evaluate the result.
If the shampoo is chosen correctly, then as a result of its use:
- hair even after the first use, well washed and cleaned
- there are no signs of fat on the hair
- hair after drying should have a healthy shine
- strands comb and obedient
- there is no irritation on the scalp, itching
Before washing your hair, prepare your hair, protecting it from the harmful effects of detergents. No matter how good the shampoo is, it will still cause, albeit small, but still harmful, washing out the natural lipids that hold the scales of the outer hair layer (cuticle) together. This is especially important for owners of dry, damaged, wavy and curly hair.
Protect hair before washing, you can use different oilsthat suit your hair type. Apply the oil should be 5-7 minutes before shampooing, so that it covers the hair with a film and protects them during shampooing.
It is recommended to protect the hair with oil before each washing of the head.
If there is no time to apply the oil before washing the head, it is better to apply shampoo only on the scalp in the area of the hair roots. Massage and wash the hair roots, and the resulting foam with soapy water will help wash the remaining hair length.
7 minutes after applying the oil, you need to thoroughly wet your hair with water over the entire length and apply a little shampoo. Well massage first the scalp and then the hair. Move from the roots of the hair to their ends. Do not use large amounts of shampoo., it should be just enough to wash off the dirt and excess oil.
Next, carefully wash off the shampoo for 5-6 minutes with warm water. Last rinse is better to do a little cool water. It is important to completely wash away the remnants of the entire shampoo. If the shampoo particles remain on the hair, the surfactants contained in the shampoo will destroy the lipid layer of the hair, making it brittle and dry.
Wipe your hair properly
After the hair is finally washed and clean and pleasant to the touch, need to dry it.
This process also needs attention. So a hard towel, sharp or excessively heavy movements while drying the head, can cause damage to the hair. Excessive friction loosens the scales of the outer layer of the hair, which, when shampooed and shampooed, had already opened and had not yet taken its original position. As a result of incorrect wiping hair, strands become dull, fragile, hair breaks easily, stick out in different directions, poorly fit, and the tips are constantly split.
To avoid such problems, wipe your hair carefully.. After shampooing, gently pat the hair with a soft, well-absorbing towel. It is best to roll their hair and leave for a few minutes so that the moisture is absorbed into the fabric. With long hair it may take 20 - 30 minutes.
After the excess water from the hair is absorbed into the cloth of the towel, you can remove it and let the hair dry completely.
Use a hair dryer only in extreme cases., unless you are very limited in time and you need to wash your hair urgently. In other cases, it is better to let the hair dry on its own.
After the hair is dry, you need them gently combing.
It is not advisable to comb wet hair.. When hair fibers are filled with moisture, they stretch and become weaker. During combing, stretched hair is faster damaged and broken.
First of all, you need to choose the right comb. Ideal for a wooden comb with sparse teeth or a soft massage brush. Pay attention to how the edges of the teeth are processed, as well as the place at their base. With rough processing with sharp edges, damage to the scalp, hair structure or hair can be pulled out.
Have a good comb, comb or hair brushThere should be smooth polished teeth and the same gaps between them. The tips of the teeth should be rounded, not like spears. You can purchase two funds at once and use them one by one.
Short hair combed from the roots to the ends, and the long, on the contrary, from the tips to the roots. If you have tangled curly hair, separate them into separate strands and brush each one separately.
When combing long hair, it is necessary to alternate the movement of the comb with stroking the hair with the palm of a free hand. Of course, the hands must be pre-washed. One motion comb, and then the second - palm.
Stroking hair for a few minutes can be already combed. It distributes sebum over the entire length of the hair, and it becomes shiny, resilient and strong.
That's all, hair washed, dried, unraveled and combed. And you need to take care of them daily, and not occasionally or if you have time.
Optional hair care
Unfortunately, it is not enough just to monitor the cleanliness of the hair and their condition. In our modern world, we are surrounded by a mass of negative factors that do not have the best effect, including on the hair. Among the adverse factors can be identified the most common:
- not proper and inadequate nutrition, which does not allow the body to form healthy and beautiful hair. The body needs high-quality protein and trace elements, of which in the first place - sulfur.
- unfavorable ecological situation
- adverse environment modern world and especially modern cities. In large cities, too much transport, emissions of which saturate the atmosphere of the city. And they contain heavy metals and toxic elements. And all this settles on our hair, destroying them.
- hair coloring. Many can not do without it. No matter how expensive the paint is, the chemistry contained in it destroys the hair structure.
Therefore, in addition to the hair cleansing ritual, our hair often needs extra help. And you have to resort to cosmetic procedures and various nutritional compositions that help maintain the health and beauty of hair. The most significant help to hair can be provided in two ways:
- Proper and complete nutrition. If not, then you can resort to vitamins and mineral complexes, drank their courses.
This is an effective way, but it is mainly aimed not at the restoration of existing hair, but for the future, that is, the newly grown hair will be healthy and strong.
It is better to use both methods at the same time, in a complex of hair care measures.
Causes of "fatigue" hair
The health of hair is affected not only by the state of the human body, to which hormonal changes can be attributed, for example, during puberty or during pregnancy, but also other factors:
- Worsens the appearance of the hair and significantly slows the growth of hair ecological situation.
- Improper diet and tight diets lead to an acute nutrient deficiency, which immediately affects the condition of the hair.
- Fungal diseases of the scalp cause irritation and dandruff.
- Aggressive care products, chemical perm, dyeing, daily styling, involving the use of elevated temperatures, dry out hair and damage hair follicles.
- Stress and overwork more than other factors lead to the fact that hair loses its vitality and shine, begins to fall out.
If obvious problems with hair are noticed, first of all it is necessary to identify and eliminate the cause, and then reanimate them. In difficult situations when home care does not bring visible results, it is worth visiting a hair specialist, a trichologist who, based on the appearance, condition of the scalp and tests, will prescribe the appropriate therapy.
Basic principles of home care
The vital energy of the hair is obtained from the hair follicles, and the cortical layer determines their strength. The outer layer, or cuticle, is the scales covering each hair. Dense and smooth, they make the curls smooth, damaged cuticle bristling, giving the impression of confusion. A special role in the hair condition is played by the sebaceous glands. If the fat is produced in excess, the hair is quickly contaminated, an insufficient amount of it leads to drying of the hair. Therefore, the basic principles of how to care for your hair properly at home should be as follows:
- ensuring blood flow to the hair follicles, which contributes to their better nutrition,
- restoration of the cortical layer and cuticle,
- normalization of the sebaceous glands.
To achieve the effect in all directions, the hair at each stage must be properly care.
Hair care rules
For proper hair care, it is advisable to choose products based on natural ingredients. That is why many women prefer self-made masks, conditioners, even shampoos. Among the store offers, you can also find natural cosmetics, however, it should be noted that the price of such funds will be much higher, and it will be stored in clear form for no more than six months.
Shop tools to choose better, adhering to the same cosmetic line, and they should all fit the type of hair, which is not always possible to determine independently. It often happens that with dry, strongly split hair, the scalp remains oily. Or on the contrary, dry scalp and dandruff with excessive greasiness of hair. Before choosing care products in this case, it is necessary to restore the balance. Consultation with a specialist will help to do this, he will also prompt the reason for such a condition, he will choose the right cosmetics.
Begin to care for hair you need to have to wash. You need to wash your hair as often as necessary, otherwise dirt and sebum clogs the pores, blocking the access of oxygen to the hair follicles. Means for increased greasiness of the scalp or hair, it is desirable to choose those that allow frequent use. Many do not take into account that washing your hair also needs to be properly:
- Before washing, hair must be combed so that tangled strands do not get tangled even more.
- Hard water adversely affects the hair, so it is desirable to soften the water by adding a few drops of ammonia or a teaspoon of baking soda to about 5 liters of liquid.
- The water temperature should not exceed 36 ° C, even for oily hair, as hot only enhances the secretion of fat. The final rinse is done with cool water.
- Do not go to bed with wet hair: so they will be confused, and further combing them will damage the cuticle.
- Do not comb wet hair: in this state, they are able to strongly stretch, which violates their structure.
It is not always possible to pick up the shampoo correctly the first time. Dull hair, which is very electrified immediately after washing, suggests that the product is not suitable, it must be replaced.
Such long-known remedies like egg yolks, honey and rye bread will suit lovers of homemade cosmetics. These tools are time tested and are perfect for modern beauties. You can enrich the usual shampoo by adding a drop of essential oil of jojoba, rosemary, cedar or rose.
Balsams and conditioners
After washing, you must use a balm, also selected according to the type of hair. It provides power and smoothness, easy installation, removes electrification. Proper use of hair balm will give the best results:
- the balm must match the selected shampoo,
- the tool is not applied to the roots, it should be distributed along the strands from the middle of the hair,
- You should not apply to too wet hair, otherwise the balm will drain with water, and there will be no effect.
The final stage is the use of rinse aid. This care product is usually not washed off, providing hair nutrition. Rinse, like any other cosmetics, can be purchased at the store, but much more efficient is the use of decoction of herbs: chamomile, nettle, burdock root, hop cones and others. The recipe for preparing a rinse aid is simple: brew a certain amount of the desired herb or mixture of herbs with the specified amount of boiling water, insist and strain.
Another proven tool that gives hair shine, protects them from greasiness, retains moisture - lemon juice. To prepare such a rinse 1 tbsp. l Freshly squeezed lemon juice is dissolved in a liter of water, it is good to moisten the hair and scalp, let it drain a little and dry it with a towel.
To nourish and moisturize the scalp, smooth hair, eliminate dandruff and other problems, masks for hair of a certain direction are used twice a week. You can buy the tool in the store, but self-made masks from scrap materials are considered to be the most effective. Simple and at the same time effective means will help preserve the beauty of the hair:
- An excellent result is provided by masks, which include such active ingredients as nicotinic acid, tincture of red pepper, alcohol-containing products, onions. These products increase blood circulation, which promotes the penetration of nutrients to the roots and accelerate hair growth.
- Oils are also often used in masks. The most popular are olive, castor, burdock oil. In addition, cosmetic oils are used - peach, apricot, walnut oil and others.
- 15-20 minutes before washing your hair, you can put on them a slightly heated kefir, rub into the skin and wrap the head with a towel. Kefir nourishes the skin, eliminates irritation and dandruff, softens hair.
- During the month, castor or burdock oil is rubbed into the scalp, which not only nourish the hair follicles, but also serve as an excellent growth stimulant and awaken dormant bulbs. Oil is washed off an hour after application.
It is more correct to apply the selected mask in a course of 2-3 months, there will be no effect from one application, as well as from frequent changes in the composition.
Vitamins for hair
An important role in the condition of hair is vitamins. Thus, the “vitamins of youth” A and E nourish the hair and scalp, smooth the cuticle, give strength and shine. Vitamins of group B promote growth and strengthen, prevent loss. Vitamin C is the strongest antioxidant that protects hair from aging, and the scalp from diseases, including fungal.
The amount of vitamins supplied with food is not always enough, so you can additionally take vitamin complexes. However, it should be remembered that all drugs are best used after consulting with a specialist.
Vitamin masks with ampoule solutions of the listed vitamins will be an excellent way out. They are used as an independent means, and in conjunction with other components. Pharmaceutical preparations can be replaced with products with a high content of these substances.
Drying and styling
As you know, elevated temperatures adversely affect the condition of the hair. Even the scorching sun can harm the appearance, not to mention the hair dryer or tongs. If you can not do without a hair dryer, then before laying on the hair, a means with thermal protective properties is necessarily applied, which wraps the hairs with an invisible film, taking care of them, protecting them from drying out.
Used styling evening wash. Remnants of the funds will not damage the hair, but the next day will give the hair a rather untidy and dull look. If for some reason the hair has not been washed, the remnants of the styling products can be combed using a comb with frequent teeth. So the freshness of the hair can be extended for another day.
Selecting a comb is necessary. Preference is given to wooden scallops, which do not allow hair to electrify and do not injure the scalp. Carrying out this procedure, you can drop a couple of drops of grapefruit, lemon or eucalyptus essential oil onto the comb. This aromatherapy smooth scales, improve the appearance of hair.
Combing should begin with the tips, gradually rising to the roots. If there are tangled strands, they should first be untangled by hands: do not forget that hair, like skin, is easily injured.
- At least once every 3 months, the ends of the hair should be trimmed not only to shape the haircut, but also to remove the dry ends.
- It is necessary to protect the hair not only from the sun, but also from wind and frost. The cap is the main attribute as soon as the thermometer shows a minus temperature.
- To maintain the beauty of the hair only caring means is not enough. You'll have to completely revise your diet and lifestyle, including the mode of the day, where there will be enough time to sleep.
- The modern effective means are medicinal serums that are applied to damp hair after washing and are not washed off. Such tools combine the effect of balm, mask and mousse, protecting and moisturizing hair, smoothing them, giving styling the desired shape for a long time.
As you can see, to care for hair at home is quite simple, but it takes time and organization, so many women often neglect the rules. If the information received is put into practice regularly, beautiful and well-groomed hair will soon become the hallmark of their owner.
How to wash your hair?
Hair washing is the main care and in this seemingly simple area has its own secrets and features.
To wash your hair, it is worth not more than 2-3 times a week, but if your hair type, or the use of styling products, requires more frequent washing - wash more often. The most important thing to remember is that you should wash your hair as it gets dirty.
Before washing, the hair must be properly combed, especially if they are long. Do not forget, watch out for the hygiene of brushes, combs and hair curlers, they should also be washed before each hair wash.
Tap, hard water contains bleach, iron ions, calcium, and many different other impurities that adversely affect the hair and scalp. The ideal option would be the use of distilled water, a less expensive option would be boiled, and then settled water. Also, after washing when rinsing, it is useful to use softened water and decoctions of herbs (further in the article, it will be written in detail about this).
Water should not be too cold or too hot and remember that the hair is fatter, the cooler the water should be.
So, we proceed to the procedure of washing hair.
Wet the hair with warm water, pouring the amount of shampoo you need on the palm of your hand, soap the shampoo in your hands, adding some water to it. A single application of shampoo is enough.
Wash your hair should begin in front of the hairline, slowly moving carefully to the back of the head. Spreading the foam evenly, rub it into the scalp with your fingertips with soft circular motions. At the same time, try not to press and scratch the skin with your nails, after which you should only wash the hair with the foam that forms. Shampoo should not be left on the head for a long time, it can adversely affect the hair and scalp.
It is worth noting that the shampoo washes off longer than washing, at least three times. Do not combine washing your hair with taking a bath, it is impossible to rinse your head well in the bathroom. Water must be running, it is better to use a shower, this is the most effective method to rinse hair thoroughly. Rinsing If you wash your hair with hard water, then it is recommended to rinse them with an acidic solution. This will help you free your hair from the remnants of adverse substances contained in tap water, and this procedure will also give your hair a lively shine and pleasant smell.
Long hair before rinsing should be gently squeezed.
Rinse the hair can be a weak solution of vinegar, 1-2 teaspoons per liter of water, blondes it is better to use no more than 1 tsp, because vinegar makes blonde hair darker, for this reason, it is more likely to fit brunettes and brown hair. If the scalp reacts negatively to vinegar, it is better to use lemon, it is also well suited for fair-haired girls Squeeze the juice of half a lemon through gauze into a container of warm water, dissolve the mixture in a liter of hard water and rinse your head. For short hair up to 2-3cm, half of the indicated standard of ingredients and water will be enough.
Dark haired for girls with greasy hair, it is recommended to rinse the hair with a strong infusion of tea, this reduces the fat content of the hair and gives it shine and a beautiful shade.
Oily hair rinsing with a decoction of medicinal herbs - peppermint, oak bark, horsetail, nettle, burdock (2 tablespoons to 1 liter of water) is suitable. For blondes - chamomile, horsetail, hop buds in the same proportions. Substances contained in such broths envelop and tighten the scales of hair, due to which the hair becomes elastic and resilient.
Owners dry hairIt is recommended to rinse the hair with a decoction of the root of the forest mallow, 2 tbsp.spoon chopped root, pour 1 liter of boiling water and leave for 2 hours in a closed container. Also for dry hair, very good decoction of a linden flower, 2 tbsp. spoon pour 1 liter of boiling water and draw broth for 20 minutes. After rinsing, the hair must be squeezed out, but it must be done very carefully, so as not to injure them, then blot the hair with a warm cotton towel, which absorbs moisture well. Try not to leave your hair for a long time in a towel, unless you use special remedies. In order for the hair to dry, they need air. They can be dried in the fresh air, but you should avoid direct sunlight. It is desirable to dry hair naturally, without using a hair dryer, because regular use of the hair dryer makes hair dry and brittle. If the use of a hair dryer is necessary, use a gentle mode and keep the hair dryer no closer than 10-15 cm. from the head, also do not forget about the various thermal protective agents. When combing hair, it is better to use a comb with large teeth.
If you are using styling products, remember that before bedtime you should remove the products. Ideally, it is best to wash your hair, but if for some reason you cannot do it, then just comb it thoroughly. The only exceptions are those that are made on a natural basis.
It is worth remembering the fact that it is extremely undesirable to wash your hair before bedtime, because many in this case go to bed with wet hair, and this can lead to a number of not good consequences.
Because of this, the scalp cools for a long time, the nutrition of the hair deteriorates, which subsequently has a very bad effect on their growth.
Also during the night from the constant friction of the head on the pillow, the secretion of the sebaceous glands is activated, after which the hair becomes much faster contaminated. And owners of greasy hair by the middle of the day, the hair will look greasy and unkempt. And the last, unpleasant fact, in the morning the shape of the hairstyle is greatly transformed and in this case it is impossible to do without correction, often with the use of styling products and a hair dryer.
And finally, I want to add
- Use indelible conditioners and hair sprays.
- Do not neglect the headgear, as well as protective equipment with SPF-filters, especially at sea.
- Try to dry your hair as often as possible in a natural way, without using a hair dryer.
- Do not abuse the frequent and abundant use of various styling products.
- If possible, use hair dyes that do not contain ammonia.
- Wearing tight hats and frequent combing, stimulates a strong discharge of sebum of the head, due to which the hair quickly becomes greasy.
- Removing hair in a ponytail or hairstyle, it is not necessary to tighten them too much, because This can lead to hair loss and sometimes even a headache.
- It is desirable to comb hair with combs made of wood, they are much more favorable for hair than combs with metal teeth.
- It is worth regularly checking combs and brushes, as damaged teeth can cause damage to your hair.
Masks are the most effective hair care products. Masks not only moisturize, nourish and strengthen hair, but also protect them from external influences. Now on the market, you can find a lot of different masks, but still, masks made on a natural basis, made with your own hands, are the best option. It should also be noted that if you prefer natural homemade products, they should be stored in the refrigerator and not more than a week. Use only fresh masks, try not to overdo them and thoroughly wash the hair with water. To achieve the best result, it is recommended to alternate the various components of the masks. In this article, various recipes will be provided. Many of them are not at all difficult to prepare and, best of all, give a fairly quick result.
They nourish hair, improve their structure, accelerate hair growth, give it shine and silkiness, solve the problems of dandruff and hair loss.
Main base oils and their properties
- Burr oil: rich in vitamins and acids. It nourishes the scalp, helps get rid of dandruff, strengthens the hair structure and accelerates their growth, is also recommended against hair loss.
- Olive oil:It contains antioxidants, vitamins A, B, C, D, E, F, K and a variety of minerals. Strengthens and accelerates hair growth, prevents their loss. Suitable for both oily and dry hair.
- Castor oil: restores dry damaged hair, gives it shine and silkiness, prevents defatting of the scalp and dandruff. After opening the bottle, it is recommended to keep the oil in the refrigerator.
- Jojoba oil:has a thick texture and high penetrating power, moisturizes, nourishes, softens, gives shine, provides the hair with a protective layer. With regular use, returns hair natural shades.
- Sesame oil: rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, contains fats and various acids. Especially well suited for oily scalp and dry damaged hair. This oil moisturizes and restores hair. It is also recommended to use at sea, because it perfectly protects hair from ultraviolet rays.
- Linseed oil:contains vitamins A, B, E, and F. Favorably affects the condition of the scalp and dry, weakened, dull hair. It is recommended to use it within a month after opening, since it evaporates quickly.
- Coconut oil:rich in vitamin E, fats and antioxidants. Great for dry, split and damaged hair. Also, coconut oil perfectly envelops the hair and protects them from mechanical influences, such as washing, drying, combing.
- Avocado oil:contains vitamins A and D. It nourishes the scalp, accelerates hair growth. Hair becomes soft and easy to comb.
- Shea butter (shea):It contains various acids and vitamins A, D, E and F. It is famous for its protective properties, perfectly eliminates damage on the hair and smoothes their surface, gives hair shine. It has a beneficial effect on irritated scalp.
- Rice oil:promotes hair growth, and in combination with ferulic acid, which has an anti-inflammatory effect, is used in the care of eyelashes.
- Wheat germ oil:Known for its rejuvenating and regenerating properties. It contains a large number of amino acids, macronutrients and many vitamins A, B, D, E, F, PP. Promotes good hair growth, protects and restores their structure.
- Grape seed oil:It has a good moisturizing effect. Rich in vitamins A and E. Perfect for oily scalp, heals, protects hair from brittleness, restores elasticity, makes hair shine.
These oils have repeatedly proven their effectiveness.
Regulate sebum production, thereby improving the condition of the scalp.
For different types of hair, it is recommended to use different essential oils.
- Greasy hair: tea tree oil, bergamot, ginger, cedar, lavender, cypress, lemon, pine, lemon balm, eucalyptus, cypress, cloves, verbena, limemet.
- Dry hair: essential oil of sandalwood, chamomile, mandarin, orange, ylang-ylang, rosemary, frankincense, lavender, rosewood, myrrh.
- Normal hair:lemon, rosemary, lavender, geranium.
If you are worried about dandruff, brittleness or hair loss, you can also use various essential oils.
- Hair loss: Beat essential oil, rosemary, mint, ylang-ylang, coriander, frankincense, verbena, cypress, cedar, mint, rosewood.
- Split ends: essential little sandalwood, vetiver, pink tree.
- Dandruff: yarrow, cedar, tea tree, eucalyptus, lemon, orange, cypress, lavender, rosemary.
- Gray hair: lemon, sage, coriander.
Base and essential oils are the main ingredients of hair masks, but other additives are used besides them.
And also adding certain additives to hair masks, you can get the desired result.
- Nourish hair: honey, egg yolk, breadcrumbs, kefir and onions.
- Accelerates hair growth: mustard and pepper tincture.
- Give shine: lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and brandy.
- Eliminates dryness of the head, softens and gives shine to hair: aloe juice
- Thickens and strengthens hair: colorless henna (before use, colorless henna must be filled with boiling water).
- Against oily hair and shine: lemon juice and orange peel infusion.
- Normalizes the sebaceous glands: clay
- Strengthens hair and acts on the scalp as a soft peeling: sea salt.
Base oil or several base oils - 3-4 tbsp. spoons (in total)
Essential oil or several essential oils - 4-5 drops (in total)
Additional additives (honey, yolk, brandy) optional - 1 tsp
The exact amount of ingredients should be selected individually depending on your hair length. You can also exclude or add any component depending on which one you want to achieve a result. Experiment, because no one knows their hair better than you.
Base and essential oils can be purchased at the pharmacy, in a specialty store or online.